Thursday, March 24, 2011

Me on Your Bumper

I have spent a lot of time this week, and over 5 hours today, working on Nicholas’ spring carnival which is tomorrow.  I was put in charge of booths (there are over 40) and prizes (there are close to 6,000).  I’ve spent days filling Easter eggs, counting and “batching” prizes, making signs, shopping for 300 bottles of soda among other things.  

House Living Room Kitchen Hallway 002House Living Room Kitchen Hallway 004

Needless to say, all things Spring Carnival have been on my mind.  So when Melissa from BuildASign.com contacted me about receiving some free MomSwimBikeRun merchandise, I was more interested in using the opportunity to create a free custom banner for the Spring Carnival. 

Let’s face it, who really wants a lame-o MomSwimBikeRun bumper sticker?  I don’t even want one and neither would my mom.   If my mom doesn’t want one, there probably isn’t a market for MSBR merchandise (yet). 

I think I made the right decision.  It was incredibly easy to use the BuildASign website.  I had a custom banner made in about 5 minutes.  I’m serious, it was that quick.  You can start totally from scratch or use one of their templates (I used a template).  Either way, it was totally easy for someone non-sign-making-savvy, like me. 

Park with Afflitos 041

So if you’re in the market for a custom banner, sign, bumper sticker, magnet, and such hit up BuildASign, I promise you won’t be disappointed.  Thanks to Melissa for giving me the opportunity to use BuildASign for such a great cause. 

Oh and mom (or whoever else) if you’re REALLY interested in that bumper sticker let me know.  I decided to design one after all.

bumper sticker

Even though I received the merchandise from BuildASign for free, the views that I have expressed are my own.  If I didn’t like the product, I would just say so.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That school is SOOO lucky you moved to Austin!
xoxo

Tracey said...

I definitely want a bumper sticker! I know how you feel this week. Megan's science fair was tonight and I have been working on the committee since Dec. There were 8 of us and we got over 180 kids to participate. Needless to say, I am glad it is over and I can finally relax a bit. It has been nuts!
Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Of course your Mom wants a bumper sticker! Great work on the carnival - you are awesome once again. xoxoxox G.

A-Nik said...

I remember spring carnival...and I remember organizing the damn thing. I am glad I only had 2 kids....wait...how many do you have? Hahahahahahahahahha! How much would that sign have cost you if you had paid? Just curious.

MomSwimBikeRun said...

The sign with tax and shipping was $67 (I know b/c the PTA purchased one too).

Anonymous said...

Of course your Mom wants a bumper sticker! Great work on the carnival - you are awesome once again. xoxoxox G.

Tracey said...

I definitely want a bumper sticker! I know how you feel this week. Megan's science fair was tonight and I have been working on the committee since Dec. There were 8 of us and we got over 180 kids to participate. Needless to say, I am glad it is over and I can finally relax a bit. It has been nuts!
Good luck tomorrow.

Post a Comment