Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The ABCs of Me

If you write a blog, then you know how hard it is to come up with a blog topic day in and day out (sometimes even multiple times per day).  So when I saw the ABCs of me going around the blog world, I tucked it into the back of my mind to use on a day where I did nothing.  Since the most exciting part of my day was a LARGE grocery order…

… you get

The ABCs of Me

A. Age:  36 years, 7 months, 5 days.  That gives you plenty of time to plan my birthday party. 

8312010 045

B. Bed size:  King.  I sleep on the left side of the bed or the right depending on what side you’re facing.  Winking smile 

C. Chore you dislike:  Hmmm well that’s easy.  ALL of them.  I dislike all housework and find it odd that anyone would enjoy it.  I do love a clean house though, so it is a necessary evil. 

D. Dogs:  My very first dog was named Deacon.  I wrote a poem about him in first grade (or was it second?) and won the elementary school poetry contest.  Everyone talked about it to nauseum.  Well, for my siblings at least.  I actually enjoyed talking about it and still do, obviously.

E. Essential to start your day:  Must pee.  My kids could be up for hours before they pee.  Who does that?  My kids apparently.  Drives me nuts. 

F. Favorite Color:  I used to say purple but pretty much everything I own these days is pink.  So I think it’s pink. 

April 2010 007

G. Gold or silver:  Platinum… with diamonds.  

H. Height: 5 feet, 4.5 inches, yes that .5 counts… that’s an extra 2.5 lbs allowed toward my BMI. 

I. Instruments you play:  I’m pretty sure the only instrument I have ever mastered is the recorder. I can play a mean Hot Cross Buns.

J. Job Title:  Mother, Wife, Homemaker, Retired Pharmacist, HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge)

K. Kids:  Got 3.  Love ‘em!  Can’t live without them.  They are my world, my everything.  You get the idea.

pool kids

L. Live:  Leander, TX (Austin)  6 months, but I’m a Pittsburgher at heart

M. Mom’s Name: Christine but she goes by Chris

N. Nicknames:  Boo, Princess, Chuck, Lil Bit (my newest) Smile  

O. Overnight Hospital Stays:   Once with each childbirth.  Why do they have to come in and take your blood pressure and temperature at 3 am? Why?

P. Pet Peeves:  This list could be very long.  The most aggravating would have to be slow, unaware drivers especially in the fast lane.   

Q. Quote from a movie:  “My dad says childhood is the happiest time of my life, but I think he’s wrong.  I think my mom is right.  She says childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome.  That’s what momma used to say.  She said, beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most.  You need to remember that when you find yourself at the beginning.  Just give hope a chance to float up, and it will too.”

R. Righty or Lefty:  Right

S. Siblings:  2 Sisters, 1 brother (All OLDER.. much much OLDER) Winking smile

sisters

Me (broken shoulder = no makeup), Amy, Sara

Jaclyn's 3rd Birthday 037

My brother, his wife, and daughter

T. Time you wake up: Usually right around 8:00.  Which means I stay up until midnight doing God knows what.  I need to get back on a 10:00 to 7:00 routine.  It works much better for me. 

U. Underwear:  I don’t like this one.  I’m going to change it to Umbrella: I currently own a coach umbrella (it’s pink), but I haven’t used it in probably 5 months.  It never rains in Texas except the one time, about a week after we moved here, and then it was a flood. 

umbrellas kids

V. Vegetables you don’t like:  They’re all delicious (with cheese or ranch).

W. What makes you run late:  One word:  George

X. X-Rays You’ve had: dental, shoulder, wrist

Y. Yummy food you make:  I have no signature dish.  In fact, maybe I’m not as good of a cook as I think I am.  Dang.

Z. Zoo-animal favorite:  I had to think about this one, but it is definitely the bears.  I love watching them. 

So there you have it.  If you think this was exciting, don’t worry there’s more where that came from (tucked in the cobwebs my brain).

Don’t forget to click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post - gee what a boring life you lead! xoxoxo G.

Amanda said...

HBIC! I may have to use that one myself.

Ron said...

oh i remember the days of the HBIC in the pharmacy before she retired to full time mom-hood...I think you actually put in more work as a mom than a pharmacist ;)

---wait a minute! how can george always make you run late? Its not like he is out primping his hair!

Amanda @ Diary of a Mad Fat Woman said...

Thanks for this post! I love it, and I'm going to have to use it on mine as well! :)

Post a Comment