Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Athlete or Not?

I remember when I was participating in The Rookie Triathlon, I heard someone yell out, “Way to go athletes.”  I giggled to myself and thought, Athletes?  I’m not an athlete.  Am I? 

Let’s dissect shall we?   

ath·lete/ˈaTHlēt/

Noun: A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise

For:

  • I am a person

Against:

  • Proficient … ehhh

Let’s dissect further…

pro·fi·cient/prəˈfiSHənt/

Adjective: Competent or skilled in doing or using something

…and further still

com·pe·tent/ˈkämpətənt/Adjective

Having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.

… and just a little bit more dissection

suc·cessful/səkˈses ful/Noun

Having a favorable outcome

Evidence Against: 

10 Mile Run

  • Mile 1: 10:54
  • Mile 2: 10:31
  • Mile 3: 10:51
  • Mile 4: 10:46
  • Mile 5: 10:59
  • Mile 6: 10:50
  • Mile 7: 10:51
  • Mile 8: 10:48
  • Mile 9: 10:51
  • Mile 10: 12:09 ----->  Stabbing pain in my knee that radiated to my ankle and has still NOT gone away

Total:  1:42:58

Average:  10:53

ice on knee

This is NOT favorable nor is it cool (no pun intended).  Not cool at all running Gods.  Not cool at all. 

sdt

If any mom bloggers out there would like to review www.eBeanstalk.com like I did here, shoot me an email at MomSwimBikeRun@gmail.com and I'll let you know the details of earning a FREE gift card. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I hope you get that under control quickly! xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

have you ever watched pro sports? those guys tape bags of ice to their knees after every game...put that in the FOR category :)

~Sara~ said...

Being an athlete is like cooking. You simply ARE if you DO. Doesn't matter if you slave over a stove or microwave...it's still cooking. Doesn't matter if you run 10 miles at a 5:00/mile pace or you walk the whole 10...you still did. That's what makes an athlete.

Anonymous said...

Susan u have a pink race bike and all the appropriate gear...totally an athlete ;) Everytime I read ur blog I am almost motivated to Just Do It! or something

Ron said...

have you ever watched pro sports? those guys tape bags of ice to their knees after every game...put that in the FOR category :)

Post a Comment