Saturday, April 9, 2011

Eating Our Way Through Austin Part Deux

If you know me at all, then you probably know my favorite thing to do.  That is, EAT!  In fact, I can honestly say 99% of the reason I exercise is so I can eat what I want.  1% of me wants to be healthy and set a good example for my kids Winking smile but for real I just want to eat what I want and be happy. 

You might remember when my dad came to town, we had a marathon eating event.  Well, things aren’t going to be any different now that my mom is visiting.  There is just so much good food in Austin and I want to show my family ALL of it!  We’ll probably hit a few of the same places but a few new ones too.

First things first.  THE BURN!  I took my bike out for a little spin this morning.  In case you’re keeping track, this was the first time on my bike since my accident.  My friend Julie wants to get into cycling and just bought a brand new bike.  So, we set out this morning to test run Julie’s bike and let her get used to working the gears etc. 

jkhsdt bike

2011 Inaugural Ride

Distance:  11.11 miles  Time:  1:07:24

Ok so at least I burned some calories.  Now I don’t have to feel so badly about all the junk I’m going to shove in my face food we’re eating.

During our eating tour mom will be rating all the restaurants we patron, giving each place a boot rating. 

cowboy boot2 One  Boot =  I’d never go there again

cowboy boot2cowboy boot2 Two Boots = It was ok

cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 Three Boots = One of my Faves

cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 Four Boots = Best I ever had

Breakfast:

Round Rock Donuts

round rock

gpt cin

Food:  4  Boots cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2

Atmosphere:  1.5  Boots cowboy boot2 cowboy boot

Lunch:

Shady Grove

shady grove2shady grovecin gpt eet

Food:  2  Boots  cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2

Atmosphere:  3.5  Boots  cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot

Dinner:

The Salt Lick

sign2

The Salt Lick Granny 065trees

cin sdt eet sdt famgpt cin kids

Food:  4 Boots cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2

Atmosphere:  4 boots cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2

My only hope is that one day I’ll get a breakfast, lunch and dinner 4 boot rating across the board.  I’ll keep eating until we get there! 

5 comments:

Tracey said...

You are making me hungry! Glad to see you got out on your bike. Yay!

Ron said...

my favorite picture is george holding 3 boxes of donuts!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Xoxo G.

Anonymous said...

Yum. Xoxo G.

Tracey said...

You are making me hungry! Glad to see you got out on your bike. Yay!

Post a Comment