Thursday, April 14, 2011

Glowing With Pride

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!  We hope you enjoy our show.  It’s the best we’ve ever had. 

wnt microphone

Today was Nicholas’ school play.  He and his classmates put on a performance about “BUGZ” going on a picnic.  Nicholas was the Bug M.C. and performed as a firefly.  Watching my little firefly was the highlight of my day. 

You can probably tell by his face, he was less than thrilled about wearing a headband and wings.  Hey, at least I didn’t make him wear tights or leggings like the teacher suggested.  Anything girly, just really bugs him.  Thank God for black baseball socks.

wnt unsure

He was really nervous throughout the performance.  I could tell because I know him, but I doubt anyone else noticed.  Nervous or not, he gave it his best effort and did a really wonderful job.  Go away nerves, you’re such a pest!   

wnt dance

After school today I asked him if he had a good time and he told me he did, but said that it was really scary.   He did it despite being scared and I couldn’t bee more proud. 

As always, he makes me full of pride.  Whether it’s playing hockey, making straight As, playing baseball, or making good daily choices, Nicholas continues to make me so pleased.  I feel proud to be his mom, but more than that, I just feel LUCKY!  This little firefly has his momma glowing

wnt microphone2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

He is an amazing little boy. xoxoxo G.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww!

xoxo

Post a Comment