Monday, April 25, 2011

Next

By now I’m sure you’ve stop at least twice a day every day asking yourself, “I wonder what Susan’s next event is going to be.”  Well, ask yourself no more.  I am here to announce that I am officially registered for, not one, but two more triathlons. 

First up:  Lake Pflugerville Triathlon, June 19th

pflugerville header

The triathlon starts with a 500-meter swim in Lake Pflugerville with a sandy beach entry and an easy exit to a paved transition area. Then you are off on a 14-mile bike ride through the countryside with enough low rollers to keep it interesting. Racers will finish up with a 3-mile run around the lake on a flat crushed granite trail with water stops along the way. Pizza and ice cream for the finishers... can it get any better than that?

Does it get any better than that?  Pizza and ice cream?  I’m there. This is another Jack and Adam’s/High Five event (like the Rookie Tri) so I expect it will be a well organized race. I’m excited to increase my distances and hopefully improve a little too. 

I’ve also registered for the Butler YMCA Triathlon, which is near Pittsburgh, on July 9th.  I’m expecting Amanda to join me!  So head over to her blog and tell her I said to sign up! 

Anyway, I was registered for this race last year, but didn’t get to participate due to the whole broken shoulder and wrist thing.  Minor technicality.  I still got the shirt! This is the first time I put it on.  I feel like a fraud. 

butler tri 001

This race is a 1/4 mile swim, 7 mile bike and 3.1 mile run.  I’m not sure why the bike is so short, but if I remember correctly I think it’s super hilly,  like in Pittsburgh, hilly.  So yeah, I’m scared.  The good thing, like really good thing, TRACEY! 

half marathon tracey

Tracey is my “training partner” from Pittsburgh and I’ll be eating her dust we’re going to do the race together.  Yay for races with friends! 

Potty Training and Just a Short Run 015jlj sdtsdt jkh

sdt disdt jkh

susan and angiesm lf sdt

So there you have it, you don’t have to lie awake at night wondering anymore.  I still need to find an event in May.  I’m thinking of doing this

Click here for you daily TopMommyBlogs vote!  Thanks friends!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

That tri looks awesome! Flat run, low rolling hills. I am so jealous that you have so many great races near you. And, you are right- the Moraine bike part is very hilly. One major hill up, come down, turn around and go back up the other side- fun stuff! I am really looking forward to seeing you! (and I picked up the new bike today- we are all set to go)

That last race you mentioned in May looks great too- Mother's Day races are fun and all for you!

Tracey said...

p.s. We need to get some new pictures together- maybe by July I will be half as tan as you!

Anonymous said...

Well, that's interesting - will you bring your bike on the plane? Please just say no, of course not! xoxoxox G.

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Daisy!
xoxo

Chris said...

Now u r just making me jealous! lol

Amanda @ Diary of a Mad Fat Woman said...

hahah, i am thinking about it. I found this and I might do this instead:

http://www.runruckus.com/pitts-event.html

I like mud!

Chris said...

Now u r just making me jealous! lol

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Daisy!
xoxo

Post a Comment