Friday, April 15, 2011

The Rookie Triathlon Packet Pickup

I went to pick up my packet today for The Rookie Triathlon.  It was sort of anticlimactic as my only companion was a three year old.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love said three year old, but he hardly has any enthusiasm for packet pick up.  He is awfully darn cute though! 

jtt

The Rookie Triathlon is a small race (only 1000 participants) so naturally there wasn’t much going on at the “expo”.  Packet pick up was at Jack and Adam’s, a local bicycle shop on Barton Springs Road in Austin.  Apparently it is my triathlon headquarters.  I had never heard of it, but I did hear they put on a good event.  I’m hoping that is true. 

The Rookie Triathlon Packet Pickup 004

Like I said, there wasn’t much going on.  There were a few tents and a lot of swim caps (mine is yellow)… that was about it.

The Rookie Triathlon Packet Pickup 010

Despite the lack of hype going on, I still got nervous.  I started thinking about what is going to go on at the event.  Don’t get me wrong, I know I can finish this, but there are a lot of things to consider with a triathlon the darn swim.  For instance, the 68 degree open water.  The fact that I haven’t swam in months.  The fact that my shoulder isn’t 100%.  Pshhh who needs a shoulder to swim? 

Nevertheless, this triathlon is happening people.  Here’s to bib number 754.

 The Rookie Triathlon Packet Pickup 012

And here’s to pictures taken by three year olds. 

The Rookie Triathlon Packet Pickup 008

And here’s to my first Swim.Bike.Run of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.  This race isn’t happening until Sunday.  I picked up my bib early. 

Have you done your good deed for the day and clicked here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck - be careful! xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

Good Luck! Worst case deploy water wings and you will just bob your way to the finish;) just kidding! go kick some rookie ass!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

That sounds like a fun race!! Is it a full tri or a "try a tri" type thing? I want to run a triathalon some day but would much rather test one out with shorter distances and what not first.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

That sounds like a fun race!! Is it a full tri or a "try a tri" type thing? I want to run a triathalon some day but would much rather test one out with shorter distances and what not first.

Anonymous said...

Good luck - be careful! xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment