Sunday, April 10, 2011

Slip Sliding Fun

I honestly don’t think there are much better days than days like today.  The weather was gorgeous, we ate, we played, we exercised and we watched the sun set.

After our eating tour all day yesterday, we weren’t really hungry until lunch.  So we skipped our originally intended breakfast and shopped a little this morning instead.  Shopping always works up an appetite.  I wanted to take my mom for more Mexican so I suggested the place I have eaten at four times in two weeks.  The host actually recognized us today.  Woops. 

el patron sign  

El Patron is located about 5 miles from our house.  That is way too close for comfort.  I need a good 15 to 20 mile buffer between me and my favorite foods.  This is going to be very dangerous.  I’m glad the host recognized me because now I have a reason to stay away.  I don’t want to be known as  El Porker of El Patron. 

Anyway… Mom Rating:

El Patron

Food:  3.5 Boots [cowboy boot2[57].png] [cowboy boot2[57].png] [cowboy boot2[57].png] [cowboy boot2[57].png] 

Atmosphere:  2 Boots [cowboy boot2[57].png] [cowboy boot2[57].png]

We’ll be trying out some other Mexican places this week too.  I’m excited to try and top my current fave.   

After lunch we headed to the Burnet Bluebonnet Festival.  Burnet is about 45 minutes Northwest of where we live.  I figured even if the festival wasn’t any good we’d at least see some nice Texas scenery.  The bluebonnets this year are actually scarce due to the lack of rain.  Even though I was aware of this, I figured we’d see some beautiful bluebonnets and have some good photo ops. 

Well the only bluebonnets we saw weren’t even real and the photo op didn’t turn out too nicely. 

FAM

festival kids

So much for the fields of bluebonnets bringing out the blue in our eyes as the wind gently blew our hair.  I guess I shouldn’t have had such high expectations.  I’m just going to have to photoshop Nicholas into our bluebonnet pictures from earlier this week. 

Nevertheless, we had fun walking around browsing the vendor/craft booths and the kids rode some rides.  It wasn’t a total bust. 

By the time we got home the kids were looking to have some fun… and they did. 

EET ENDEET END3EET JUMP EET KNEESEET2JTT ENDJTT GO BACK JTT END3JTT JUMP JTT JUMP2JTT JUMP3JTT2JTT4WNTWNT2WNT4WNT5WNT6

I bought this slip and slide for $3 and they had so much fun.  I could have watched them on this thing all day long.  I guess sometimes it’s just the little things in life. 

After things settled down for the day George and I went out for a quick ride. 

gpt sdt bike

By the time I thought to go, we had less than 45 minutes until sunset.  I figured we could fit in the 10 mile out and back route George has been doing lately. 

Total:  10.12 miles in 40:48 minutes Smile 

It was a fun quick ride, that ended with a beautiful sunset.  I have NEVER, not in 36 years, actually sat and watched the sun set.

sunset

It was pretty awesome.  Just like my day!

The End (literally)

JTT BUTT CRACK

P.S.  If you live in Pittsburgh and would like a free entry into the UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5k head on over to Amanda’s blog and check out her contest.  This can be used for yourself, or given to a friend! OR it can be used for the Pittsburgh Kids Marathon.   Please spread the word, I don't want this registration to go to waste! Click here to check it out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun day - right down to the last shot of the MOON! XOXO. G

Ron said...

this is one of the best blogs you have written in a while!! may be my favorite. I used to love the slip and slide as a kid. So glad you enjoyed the time with your mom.

I want George's Livestrong Oakleys. They are B.A.

Tracey said...

I am sure your mom liked seeing you on your bike :)
Love the slip and slide- can't wait to get ours out- probably 2 more months here (although it was 80 yesterday).

Tri4Success said...

Wow, surprised there were no bluebonnets. We have several fields of them in full bloom in the Dallas area.

Julie Harmon said...

Great blog! Looks like all had a great day and what a perfect way to end things! I love a good sunset!!!

Tracey said...

I am sure your mom liked seeing you on your bike :)
Love the slip and slide- can't wait to get ours out- probably 2 more months here (although it was 80 yesterday).

Ron said...

this is one of the best blogs you have written in a while!! may be my favorite. I used to love the slip and slide as a kid. So glad you enjoyed the time with your mom.

I want George's Livestrong Oakleys. They are B.A.

Post a Comment