Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Will Work For Food

Yesterday I spent the evening tormented over blogging or not blogging.  I didn’t have internet due to the dumbass lovely landscapers cutting my internet line.  My phone wasn’t working properly and, in addition, I only get cell phone reception inside my house if I sit on my chair holding my phone above my head to the left while stretching my right big toe all the way to the right (with a piece of tin foil on it).  Ok that last part was a lie, there’s no tin foil required.  Anyway, I knew my readers would be sitting at home pining away for the next MomSwimBikeRun post, but I also knew, when I was back today and explained, you’d understand my inability to blog with tin foil on my toe.  Regardless, we’re back up and running and life is good again. 

I’ll catch you up on what’s been going on in our world since we last “talked”.  Y’all (I’m a Texan now) know my mom is in town.  Well, she’s not just here to eat, I put her to work!  She’s been working on a project for two days! 

curtain project 004

Since she won’t let me pay her (actually I didn’t even offer), I’m paying her in good eats.  Yesterday we hit up Smokey Mo’s Bar-B-Q.  To be honest, it’s not my favorite BBQ place in town, but it is the closest and I was eager to get my life source internet back up and running and had to meet AT&T man.  I decided to try something new and get pork BBQ ON TOP of a loaded baked potato.  I had seen others eat it in the past, but wasn’t sure of the combination myself.  Well let me just tell you…. no let me have mom tell you (she had the same thing).

Smokey Mo’s Bar-B-Q

Food: 3.5 Boots  cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2

Atmosphere:  1.5 Boots cowboy boot2 cowboy boot2

I’m telling you, put some meat on your loaded baked potato.  You won’t regret it.  Better yet, come visit me and I’ll buy it for you. 

Hey mom, this isn’t all eat and no work… get back to your project! 

curtain project 002

Seriously, my mom did work all day long yesterday and I appreciate all her hard work.  I definitely don’t do sewing projects so it is nice to have her here to take care of me it. 

This morning we woke up determined to get in a little exercise.  We decided to go for a stroll.  I promised to let mom set the pace and not “try to kill her”. 

photo[1]

She did really awesome and walked 2.0 miles on the trail where I normally run.  It was fun taking in the trail just enjoying the scenery and not huffing and puffing along.  I don’t think my mom hated it too much either!  I was glad that she could get out there and do it and prove to her that SHE CAN!!!  Great job mom!!!

cin

Next up… EATING!  I HAD to take my mom to Torchy’s Tacos.  Only the best tacos in the land.  I’ve taken all my Austin visitors (all three of them) to Torchy’s and everyone agrees… These.tacos.are.the.best!!!!!!!!!! 

cin torchy

Torchy’s Tacos

Food:  4 Boots cowboy boot2cowboy boot2cowboy boot2cowboy boot2

Atmosphere:  2 Boots (nice outdoor area) cowboy boot2cowboy boot2

Um, Granny, I don’t want to have to tell you again… Get back to work.

curtain project 005

So what’s the Top Secret project?  Curtains for the playroom.  I’m so excited about the way this has turned out.  I think the curtains look modern and “clean” and I love them. Here is what the area looked like before.

curtain project 001

Here is the after.

Curtains and Pillows Playroom 012

Curtains and Pillows Playroom 005Curtains and Pillows Playroom 004

Was I right?  Doesn’t it look great?  I hope my mom comes back to visit soon because I need curtains in the dining room Winking smile.  Anyone else have any talents?  I pay in tacos and brisket! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can clean and cook (if you clean up after I cook). And help you spend money on things you NEED!
LOVE the curtains and pillows. Way to go Aunt Christine!!!
xoxo

Julie Harmon said...

I LOVE this blog! Man, I wish I could sew! The curtains and pillow are FABULOUS!! Great job, Mom!!

A-Nik said...

Curtains look great. Hey..that's what I'm doing today too...need a valance for the lake. Mom is much better at sewing than I, wish she was here. LOL. Good to hear that Mom walked 2 miles on a trail, because I have plans for her this year at the lake...and it's relatively flat. ;)

Exit 91 said...

Wow! I'd like her to come over to my house! Enjoy! Tell your mom hi for me(-;

Ron said...

sounds like a great visit!

Ron said...

sounds like a great visit!

A-Nik said...

Curtains look great. Hey..that's what I'm doing today too...need a valance for the lake. Mom is much better at sewing than I, wish she was here. LOL. Good to hear that Mom walked 2 miles on a trail, because I have plans for her this year at the lake...and it's relatively flat. ;)

Julie Harmon said...

I LOVE this blog! Man, I wish I could sew! The curtains and pillow are FABULOUS!! Great job, Mom!!

Post a Comment