Friday, May 27, 2011

All Dressed up and Someplace to Go

Looooooooooooooong ago, back BK (before kids), going to the movies was something George and I did 2 or 3 times a month.  It’s honestly the ONE thing I miss about our pre-kid days.  The last “adult” movie George and I saw in the theater together was Hitch.  Yes, Hitch and that was in 2005. 

To be honest, George and I rarely get out. The two times we’ve gone out without the kids (during our EIGHT MONTHS in Texas) were for the Tough Mudder and for Julie’s birthday.  If we do venture out for an adult evening it’s usually for a party or event, not time for just the two of us. 

gpt sdt talkjkh sdt

So tonight we escaped sadly left the children to go see The Hangover II.  It was a narrow escape, as Ella was dressed and ready to go with us. 

eet dress up

Even though I would have loved to take her to The Hangover (like other parents did with their children… Who does that?), it was nice to have the time alone together.

sdt date nightgpt date night

It made me think of the times BK and although I would NEVER change things, it was kind of nice way of remembering way back when.  Maybe this should be more than a once every six year tradition.  Whatadya say George?  Do you want a second date?  

Speaking of dates, you have until June 1st to vote for me for Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs on Circle of Moms.  Click here and then click the thumbs up next to Mom Swim Bike Run.  Thanks to all those who have been voting and if you haven’t clicked yet PLEASE do! 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Too funny that our equally rare kidless-date-night was on the same day to the same movie!!! Did you have sushi for dinner too??? ;)

xoxo

Watchpot said...

Darn - I want to be your babysitter again!!! I miss that bus!!!

Post a Comment