Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blank Canvas

Do you remember what it was like when life was a blank canvas?  You know, back when you saw life, not as nothing, but as infinite possibilities at your finger tips. 

Backyard painting 005

Sometimes people start off with no particular direction in mind. 

Backyard painting 008

Others know exactly what they’re doing from the beginning. 

Backyard painting 021

Others still will choose MANY paths along the way.

Backyard painting 014

The point is, life is yours to do with what YOU wish and it’s ok if you mess up and need a fresh start. 

Backyard painting 026

Sometimes it doesn’t even take a fresh start.  Sometimes it just takes moving in another direction, building on what you already have and making it better.  It’s ok to get excited and try something new. 

Backyard painting 025

You’ll probably wind up in a few messes to work out, but what’s the big deal really?

Backyard painting 030

Remember to look up to those who inspire you and bear in mind, you might be inspiring someone too. 

Backyard painting 033

So decorate your canvas the way you see fit, don’t be afraid to make a few mistakes, or adjust along the way.  You just might wind up with a masterpiece. 

Backyard painting 027Backyard painting 028Backyard painting 034

(The idea for backyard art was taken from this blog)

You may have already been made aware (with my constant Facebook updates or Tweets), but I have been nominated for the Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs on Circle of Moms.  If you’d like to show your support and vote for me you can do so by clicking the Circle of Moms link on my sidebar (or just click here).  You just have to find my blog and click the thumbs up.  You can vote once every 24 hours until June 1st.  I really appreciate your vote! 

Oh and don’t forget to click here too!  (I’m so needy)

9 comments:

Chunky Monkey said...

I like this!

Victoria said...

Hello Susan, I happened upon your blog on Top Mommy Bloggers this morning. I too am a busy mother of three, my boys are 6,5,and 4, and I spent my last year shedding the extra 74 lbs of "baby fat". I started a blog a while back to share my experiences, don't you find it so theraputic? I really enjoyed this post. It was JUST what I needed to hear today, Thank you! I have started following your blog, can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

This is a very thought provoking blog today - if only people would follow it - there is not "wrong" way to live life - just "your own" way! xoxoxo G.

Carly said...

I found you on Top Mom Blogs too...What a great post!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Wonderful! Loved finding this!

fleming Fab 5 said...

Hey, I am a new follower. Found you on Top Mom Blogs. Great blog.

fleming Fab 5 said...

Hey, I am a new follower. Found you on Top Mom Blogs. Great blog.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Wonderful! Loved finding this!

Anonymous said...

This is a very thought provoking blog today - if only people would follow it - there is not "wrong" way to live life - just "your own" way! xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment