Saturday, May 21, 2011

Boas, Tutus and Nicholas

Today I registered for another race-- a 5k.  This one, The Flamingo 5k, is special because I am going to run it FOR FUN and I’m running with Nicholas—his first 5K.  I’m hoping Julie will register and run with her boys too. 

Nicholas has done a triathlon before and participates in run club at school, but I’m not sure of his ability to pace himself for 3.1 miles.  I guess we’re going to have to practice.  He’s my little athlete so I think he’ll be just fine.

run wnt3

My sister told me I’m the sports Nazi, but I like to think I’m encouraging my kids to have a love for healthy activities.  I honestly don’t care if he does good or bad, I just want him to have fun.  I also want him to develop a love for things now (like running) that he can do long after his hockey and baseball days are over. 

I think he’s pretty excited about the whole thing, except he was bummed that kids don’t get T-shirts.  He’s just like his mom, all about the shirt!

sdtThe Rookie Triathlon Packet Pickup 008

dukes and daisies packet pick up

Regardless of what he decides to wear, I plan on embracing my girlie side and rocking a pink feather boa and a homemade tutu.  I’ve already figured out how to make it and I’m pretty excited.  Maybe I’ll make a how-to-make-a-tutu Vlog.  Maybe I will, maybe I won’t… I guess you’ll have to come back to see.  Open-mouthed smile 

If you’re reading my blog in some sort of reader you should really click directly over to the blog and see the new design.  Thanks to Jeanette at Crafty Hippo Designs for my new, and fabulous I might add, design.  I’m in LOVE!  She was really great to work with and just took my ideas and created something even better than what I had envisioned.  She is running a special now through the end of May for half off all her design packages.  At full price she is VERY reasonable at half off, I kind of felt guilty.  Tell her Mom Swim Bike Run sent you!  

Thanks to all who have been voting for me for Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs at Circle of Moms.  Remember you can vote once every 24 hours by clicking here or clicking the Circle of Moms badge on my sidebar.  I truly appreciate each and every vote. 

4 comments:

Granny said...

You know you kids just think the running and sports is all part of life and their
"healthy choices". That's fabulous! Go get 'em xoxoxoxoxo G.

Lisa McCarthy said...

I volunteered at "Girls on the Run" at Hartwood Acres this AM. It was elementary age girls running a 5K. I liked the event so much today that I think I might see about trying to help out in the future. A lot of the Pittsburgh elementary schools participate and it's just women in the community that are the coaches. So fun.

Susan Tirch said...

I signed up to volunteer for Girls on the Run Austin. I wanted to be a coach but the times are right after school and I couldn't do that with my kids. So, I decided to be a running buddy instead. Still haven't managed to do a 5K yet b/c there is always a conflict. I think it's a great program and can't wait until Ella is old enough.

Lisa McCarthy said...

I said the same thing today. I can't wait for my girls to be able to do it, too. I'm not sure the times will work with my kids either, but would love to be able to figure out a way to make it work. One of the Mom's from Sarah's preschool class is a coach in Pine-Richland and said that I should help her out next year.

Post a Comment