Thursday, May 5, 2011

It’s My Blog and I’ll Cry if I Want to

We have visitors!  George’s mom and dad are in town visiting.  Everyone say hello to George and Betsy. 

Botanical Gardens 035

Not so Interesting fact:  My mom REALLY wanted to name me Betsy, but my dad wouldn’t let her.  How creepy would that have been? George and Betsy times 2.  By the way, my mom “made” me name my first baby doll Betsy even though I really didn’t want to and I still hate dislike the name today.  Sorry Bets!  Open-mouthed smile 

Today we went to Zilker Botanical Gardens.  We thought it would be a good thing to do a) because Betsy loves flowers and b) Zilker Park is one of those “must” do Austin things.  2 birds, 1 stone.

Reviewing the photos today I learned a few things and I thought I would share. 

Close ups after 30 are not kind, but at least you can’t see my muffin top (oh you just wait). 

Botanical Gardens 009

Thou shall not bend over to hug thy husband and create make muffin top worse (Worst picture ever.  Posting to keep myself accountable.) 

Botanical Gardens 014

Bamboo is awesome! I told George he could take a picture but I better not see my butt.   At least he cut out the cellulite. 

Botanical Gardens 019

Posing in front of a waterfall by yourself makes you feel (and look) like a dork.  Also note to self… get a tan on those legs!

Botanical Gardens 032

So yeah, I’ve been feeling pretty low lately when it comes to body “issues” and looking at these pictures (and now posting them), was a little bit of a wake up call. 

I haven’t devised a plan to combat said problems except maybe leaving the camera at home.  Until then, RUN!

5 Mile Run/Walk:

  • Mile 1:  12:16
  • Mile 2:  11:56
  • Mile 3:  12:59
  • Mile 4:  13:11
  • Mile 5: 12:48

Total:  1:03:17

Average:  12:38

P.S.  This is MY blog and I can cry if I want to. 

P.P.S.  I know my blog is schizophrenic, as yesterday’s blog was all about loving yourself and today I’m tearing myself apart.  It’s ok because I’m CRAZY! 

8 comments:

A-Nik said...

Good lord girl!!! It is what it is (to quote a semi-famous person around my parts). Enjoy your life, do what you love doing, and stop obsessing (especially over things the rest of us don't see)! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anik - you have to let all that stuff go or you will never be truly happy! P.S. I love flowers too! :o( xoxox G.

Julie Harmon said...

Great pictures and LOVE the first one- your beautiful.
I would say I also agree wiht the other posts but that would make me sound hypocrical wouldn't it! I do the same thing..
Thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning!

Tri4Success said...

There's great peace to be found when one gets comfortable with their body image. May I suggest swimming, biking, and running? Oh! And relax! We all take a funky photo from time to time.

Here's another "not so interesting fact" since this post began with a discussion of your name --- my sister, Lesley (RacingItOff) was named for the singer of the song you used for your blog post title.

Kara said...

This post made me sad because I see a beautiful woman in those pictures! I'm sorry that you're feeling down on yourself :(

Ron said...

you are too hard on yourself tirch! but I tell you that all the time. but you can cry all you want its your party!!

Ron said...

you are too hard on yourself tirch! but I tell you that all the time. but you can cry all you want its your party!!

Tri4Success said...

There's great peace to be found when one gets comfortable with their body image. May I suggest swimming, biking, and running? Oh! And relax! We all take a funky photo from time to time.

Here's another "not so interesting fact" since this post began with a discussion of your name --- my sister, Lesley (RacingItOff) was named for the singer of the song you used for your blog post title.

Post a Comment