Monday, May 23, 2011

The One Who Does

Guess what made its return today?  Aren’t you going to guess?  You guys are no fun!  Fine, Fine I’ll tell you.

BodyPump1

I was pretty conservative with my weights and now I regret it because I took it easy on myself.  I was just afraid that I wouldn’t be able to sustain myself for the full 5 minutes of each track.  Apparently I am stronger than I think.  Squats KILLED my shoulder, however.  Yes, my SHOULDER.  Holding the bar behind my neck is a rather uncomfortable position for my shoulder.  After the track was over I couldn’t even lift the bar over my head.  I had to drop the right side behind my back.  I’m sure everyone thought I was an idiot no one even noticed. 

image

I also did a full hour of spin with Crazy Ben.  Once again he has inspired me to do some thinking.  If I’m taking “advice” from crazy Ben, what does that make me?  Don’t answer that. 

Anyway, Ben says, “Are you tired, and are you tired of being tired?”  He then went on to ask, “Will you be the one that does or the one that sits back and watches other people do it?”  The truth of the matter is, I  am sure there are 1 or 2 or 200 people reading who are tired of being tired and sick of sitting back watching ME do it and then ramble on about it. 

So I’m challenging you to inspire me.  I’m challenging you to be the one who does and not be the one that sits back and watches.  Maybe you want to try the Couch to 5K, maybe you are ready to run a 5k, or your first marathon

The point is, it doesn’t much matter what you decide to do, I want to hear about it.  I want you to be the one who does.  No matter how big or how small, send me your story and I’ll feature you on the blog.  If you have your own blog, you can link back to your blog.  Maybe you just want to see your face on the pages of Mom Swim Bike Run (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?).  That’s ok too.  Send your story to Momswimbikerun@gmail.com and help inspire me and others to stop being tired and get out there and be the one who does! 

sdt do life

For more info on the shirt in the above pic, click here!  Best blog out there!

Don’t forget you daily vote for Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs at Circle of Moms.  (Click here)

I’m excited to be holding steady in third place, but wouldn’t it be great if there was a come from behind winner.  If everyone who read took 30 seconds to vote, I could take the lead.  Just sayin’.  Thanks friends!

7 comments:

Lisa McCarthy said...

Maybe you should try holding the plates for the squat track to start. I have also decided to up the weights in body pump. I had been taking it easy on the squats, chest and triceps. Not sure that I'm that I've got any inspiring stories to tell, though. Miss you my friend!

Spinningitall said...

Check out my blog. spinningitall.wordpress.com

Jharmon671 said...

Well your xamned if you do and xamned if you don't because I can barely get around today, I'm so sore.
I'm sure I looked like my mother, who has 2 bad knees, while trying to get out of my car this morning.
Dreading the toilet..:)

Tri-Living...Together said...

Oh I soo love body pump!

Ronald Obringer said...

Pain is temporary, Pride is forever. and Pain is weakness leaving the body were two signs that used to hang in our locker room in highschool...I always think about that as I workout and reach a point when everything hurts!!

blackhuff said...

I'm a new reader of your blog :)
I would so love it to share my story here on your blog (I do have a blog of my own) but don't love to show the world how I look like (photos of myself).

Susan Tirch said...

Send me your story to momswimbikerun@gmail.com You don't have to include pictures if you don't want to.

Post a Comment