Friday, May 20, 2011

This is Why I Run

Tonight we had over our friends Julie and Mike and one of their sons, Peyton for dinner.  If I were a good blogger there would be pictures to post.  Alas, I am not, and so you get a stolen picture from Facebook. 

The gorgeous Julie and her bum husband Mike Winking smile

But don’t complain about no pictures because I cooked and you know what that means…. Another awesome recipe for you!  This recipe comes form my cousin Maria. 

SDT MIA

Yours Truly and Maria circa 2008

This is THE BEST appetizer you can make—hands down.  Don’t bother with anything else.  It should be illegal because it’s that good.  Super Bowls, Bat Mitzvahs, baby showers?  Yes, they should all have Maria’s Buffalo Chicken Dip.  It’s so easy Ella can make it!

Maria’s Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients

Buffalo Chicken Dip 001

Mix 2 large cans chicken

Buffalo Chicken Dip 006

2 8-oz packages cream cheese

Buffalo Chicken Dip 007

1/2 c blue cheese dressing

1/2 c Ranch dressing

(you can use all ranch or all blue cheese if you prefer)

Buffalo Chicken Dip 005

1/2 c buffalo sauce

Buffalo Chicken Dip 008

‘1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c cheddar cheese

Buffalo Chicken Dip 009
Blend all ingredients. 

Buffalo Chicken Dip 011

Either bake until melted (350* for about 45 minutes) or use crock pot.  Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos scoops (or both).

Buffalo Chicken Dip 012

And THIS is why I run! 

Please don’t forget your daily vote for me at Circle of Moms Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs.  You can vote once every 24 hours from now until June 1st.  I REALLY appreciate all those that have been voting.  I’m holding strong… for now!  You can vote by clicking here or the pink Circle of Moms badge on my sidebar. Thanks! 

11 comments:

tracey smith said...

Love the new format! It looks great! I remember that dip- I tried it at your 4th of July party. It was so yummy! I definitely need to make that soon.

Amanda Schaefers said...

hahah, well where food is concerned, THIS is why I run:

http://italianboiler.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/pittsburgh-steak-salad/

loving the new layout, btw! Very nice!

Maria said...

Wow! Fancy new face here.
Now everyone can be addicted to the dip!
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.......
xoxo

Jharmon671 said...

And it was so good I couldn't eat my dinner! Everything was awesome- you're a fabulous cook and hostess!
BTW Im making this dip at home soon!

Jharmon671 said...

PS The new format is very hip!

Jharmon671 said...

PS The new format is very hip!

Ronald Obringer said...

nomnomnomnomnomnomnom...and droolling...i love buffalo chicken dip!

kelly said...

dip sounds great and I love the new layout

My ABC Soup said...

love it!

brittany @ www.myabcsoup.blogspot.com

laura buchanan said...

OMG, i used to make this all the time for football days....before i quit eating meat :( my mouth is literally watering!

blackhuff said...

This is one good reason to run ;)

Post a Comment