Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Want To

So I went to spin class at the Y again today.  The instructor there really is one of a kind.  Although I question his mental stability Winking smile , I still think we could all use a little bit of Ben in our lives.  I question if he ever frowns or feels down.  I think he’s got life by the you-know-whats and he’s not letting go.  Today he said something that made me think. (I sure do a lot of thinking.)  Anyway, he said, “In order to get anywhere in life, you have to have the want to.”  I thought that was a pretty powerful statement. 

It really all starts with the “want to”.  In order to get the desired outcome, you have to want to put in the effort.  You have to want to be there.  You have to want to do what you’re doing.  People will ask me how I do what I do and the answer is quite simple.  I want to do it.  My advice is, find something you love and do it.  Don’t muddle through something if you don’t love it.  If you’re forcing yourself to get out there and go to work, forcing yourself to stay in a bad relationship, forcing yourself to run—it’s never going to work.  The key is the want to  – you have to want to.  Now isn’t that simple?

If it REALLY is that simple (I think it’s just an important step) then I’m going to make a list of want-tos and get busy wanting things in my life!  

I want to have a tricep muscle… ok ok I have one, but I want one that shows.  (This has been on the list for years.)

sdt tricep

I want to run a sub 2:00 half marathon.

half marathon finish

I want to be strong in mind and body.

sdt bikini

I want to run a 4:30 full marathon.

marathon finish

I want to do an olympic triathlon.

sdt swim6sdt bikesdt run1

Heck, one day, I want to be an IRONMAN.

 

ironman

 

Most of all, I want to inspire people through my blog to WANT TO—Want to do whatever your heart desires. 

I also want to stay in the top three for the Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs at Circle of Moms so please click here and then click the thumbs up next to my blog name.  Thanks!  You can vote once every 24 hours.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep it's the "want to". Nice! xoxoxo G

Tracey said...

What an awesome post. You are making me "want to" do a lot of things.
I have no doubt in my mind that you can attain all that you want to do.

Chunky Monkey said...

I like it! Wish my spin instructor was inspiring...although yesterday I thought she was going to make me puke. LOL Great post

Victoria said...

So True! Thanks, now to make my list of WANT TO!

Victoria
www.victoria-thefirstday.blogspot.com

Tri4Success said...

I want to comment ..... and now I have. ;-)

Kara said...

I have a long list of "want tos" as well! My next want to is to do a 50K and that's in 2 weeks! Not that I'm freaking out about it. No siree....

Liz said...

Great post. So many people I know say they haven't got time to exercise, but I think they haven't really got the want to!

Ronald Obringer said...

i want to go mountain biking...but the trails are so muddy you can't even peddle them. frown. :) nice post susan.

Liz said...

Great post. So many people I know say they haven't got time to exercise, but I think they haven't really got the want to!

Victoria said...

So True! Thanks, now to make my list of WANT TO!

Victoria
www.victoria-thefirstday.blogspot.com

Post a Comment