Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Customized Girl

I waited and waited and waited and then I waited some more and still nothing.  No one has said a word.  No one wrote, emailed, called, texted or commented.  I expected to be bombarded with questions, but instead I was greeted day after day with silence.  Crickets I tell you, crickets. 

What the hell am I talking about?  Do you honestly know most times anyway?  Does it really matter now?  Ok fine!  What I’m talking about is my MomSwimBikeRun T-shirt. 

I wore it the day I empowered myself and learned how to take care of my bike. 

sdt

Father's Day 2011 020Father's Day 2011 021

I waited for you all to ask how you could get your very own and no one ever asked.  I cried myself to sleep most nights, but I’m slowly getting over it.  It has been over a month after all. 

I’m taking your silence, not as a sign that you could care less, but that you are just too embarrassed to ask how to get your own.  The truth of the matter is they aren’t in production.  Ha!  You still could have asked for one! 

I will tell you, however, that I designed mine at Customizedgirl.com and you can too.  Customied Girl is an online store where you can design your own T-shirts and apparel.  They tout themselves as the “easiest online design center” and I would be hard pressed to disagree. 

I started by choosing my item:  I chose the Junior Basic Fit Tee.  My absolute favorite part about the site is their sizing chart.  They show you the basic information, like S = 0 to 2 etc., but then they show it on actual REAL PEOPLE (giving you their height and weight). 

size chart

I mean seriously how cool is that?  EVERY online shopping retailer should adopt this type of sizing chart.  Everything looks good on a 5’ 9” model… not so much on ME.  Anyway, I really liked this feature and it helped me pick the PERFECT size. 

Next choose your T-shirt color, enter the text you want, and select your text colors.  Each thing is as simple as a one or two clicks.  You can also add graphics.  I didn’t have any at the time, which is probably why these shirts aren’t in mass production status.. yet! 

shirt text front

You can also add text and graphics to the back of your shirt, which I did as well.  It’s easy to be simplistic or elaborate.  The whole site is very user friendly.  Honestly the whole thing from start to finish probably took me five minutes.  I could have done better designing my T-shirt (it’s a little plain), but like I said, I didn’t have a logo to use when I made this design.  I totally could have made it better if I did.  So don’t let my loser design skills deter you. 

So if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to design your own T-shirt then head on over to Customized Girl.  You won’t be sorry.  The whole process is quick and painless even for someone like me.  I can totally see myself going back and designing t-shirts to wear with my girlfriends at a race.  Really the possibilities are endless (family reunions, school field day, bachelorette parties).  Plus if you are lacking in any creativity you can use one of their premade designs and customize it to your liking. 

Thanks to Ashley at Customized Girl for giving me the opportunity to design this T-shirt.  I’ll definitely be back!  I mean look how good I look in this thing!  Winking smile

bike pump2

Hey all you fellow bloggers (or non bloggers for that matter):  If anyone out there would be interested in writing a guest post for Mom Swim Bike Run while my family and I are on vacation I’d love to hear from you.  

You post can be about anything… clearly (have you read my blog), but I’d be happy if you’d like to tell a story about your success with parenting and/or fitness. 

So if you’re interested in writing something then please email me at momswimbikerun@gmail.com and let me know what you’d like to write about.  Thanks and don’t be shy! 

5 comments:

Amanda Schaefers said...

I LOVE IT! I didn't even notice thats what you were wearing though. so much for my observation skills.

tracey smith said...

Sorry I didn't notice it either. Very cool.

Ronald Obringer said...

you should get a billboard next time. Have george get on that!

Jharmon671 said...

Um, I asked for one!!!

momswimbikerun said...

That's right Julie did ask for one... but I thought you were just being
nice! lol

Post a Comment