Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Miles

Today was the furthest I have run since… Hold while I look it up… Since about a month ago (damn you dailymile for not giving dates).   Anyway, the training plan called for 9 miles today and 9 miles is what I did.  Those 9 miles rounded out my weekly total to 50 miles (running and cycling).  Exciting stuff!   

daily mile 50 miles

When I woke up I wasn’t really feeling like running 9 miles.  I was in more of a stay in bed and sleep mood.  As I sat outside waiting for Bianca to pick me up, I realized I should enjoy the clouds and the cooler temperatures (I think it was just 72 degrees this morning).  Thank you running gods for the white fluffies in the sky! 

cul de sac2

We were on the trail running just before 7 am.  I told Bianca I’d like to run an 11:00ish mile, but I was secretly hoping I’d be able to run a slightly faster pace.  To be honest I didn’t really want to run faster, I just wanted to feel good running a slightly faster pace.  Does that make sense?  I wanted to have a faster run (which I know I’m capable of) AND I wanted it to feel comfortable.  Here’s the breakdown:

9 miles garmin june 26th

9 mile run:

  • Mile 1:  10:45
  • Mile 2:  10:31
  • Mile 3:  10:31
  • Mile 4:  10:46
  • Mile 5:  10:26
  • Mile 6:  10:52 -----> The hill killed
  • Mile 7:  10:43
  • Mile 8:  10:47
  • Mile 9:  10:41

Total:  1:36:09

Average:  10:40

Like I said, it wasn’t really the mileage that made me happy.  I feel very comfortable running 9 miles.  It was the fact that I ran it at a “decent” pace (for ME) and it felt good. 

Is there anything more satisfying than a good long run?  I think not! Ok there’s shopping, but that’s a whole other blog. 

yankz

By the way, I put these Yankz in my shoes for the triathlon and I’m never taking them out!  LOVE!  Get a pair.  Go on now! 

3 comments:

momswimbikerun said...

We got a pair at Pittsburgh marathon last year. I gave mine away to dedie's
son. I thought they were stupid! YOU NEED TO FIND THEM and put them in for
the tri. Trust me they are awesome. My T2 was only 1:30. haha!

Tri4Success said...

We all have Yankz on our running shoes in my household. Very quick transition.

Ronald Obringer said...

yankz? what are they?

Post a Comment