Friday, June 10, 2011

I Found Your Twenty

What do you do when you’re doing everything you’re supposed to be doing…

dailymile

… and you’re frightened and confused when you step on this?

Today I stepped on the scale in my own home.  Something that hasn’t happened in NINE months.  I can tell you with the utmost honestly that I have GAINED 20 pounds in one year.  TWENTY! 

May/June 2010

sdt legstour de cure century 2010 017

May/June 2011

Flamingo 5k Packet Pickup 006

sdt

 

 

I feel so lost and confused because I don’t see how that is even possible.  I’ve spent all day playing every scenario over in my head, from the scale is broken (it’s not because my kids’ weights are spot on) to maybe I’m “retaining water”.  HA! 

The truth is, SCALES DON’T LIE (Running of the Reese’s says so) and now I have to deal.  Mostly I’m just trying to deal with my emotions and trying to convince myself that a number doesn’t define me!  I’m still the same person I was yesterday when I was blissfully unaware of what my “number” is. 

6 comments:

Tri4Success said...

Weight definitely doesn't define anyone. I'd bet most of it is muscle. This is why when I was 210lbs I had a belly but an NFL player the same height and weight looked ripped. You've no doubt gained the "right" kind of weight. Wear it proudly!

Jeannie said...

I'm right there with ya! Had knee surgery over a year ago and trying to get back to tracing but packed back on about 15 to 20 pounds over the past few months due to stress and emotional eating.

Victoria - The First Day said...

I hear you on this one! I used to be completely obsessed with my weight, and my scale. I was on it everyday, and my mood would reflect my weights ups and downs. My hubby got so tired of it, he threw my scale out. To be honest, it was one of the best things he ever did for me. You can't allow the numbers to define you, you have to go by how you feel. In the last year and and half that I spent dropping my extra weight I only got on the scale maybe 10 times, I had to let myself feel good, and if I my pants didn't get any looser that week, then I had to push myself a but more the next week.
I think your amazing, and I love reading about all your training, inspires me to do more! So keep going and enjoy your training, you look great!

Rebecca Rawson said...

Can't tell in the pictures- if that helps any?!? I am completely scale obsessed when I'm trying to lose. Have to weigh almost every day! I gained 61 lbs this year (pregnancy!) but still have 40 to lose. It sucks.

Ronald Obringer said...

muscle weighs more than fat...you just put on muscle :)

Angie F. said...

You look great, don't sweat it!!! I say, whatever you are doing , keep it up :) Weight is relative...use your clothes as your barometer. WHY did you even get on the scale crazy???

Post a Comment