Monday, June 6, 2011

Pay Attention

When you’re obsessing about a fat roll, a pimple or a bald spot… Your kids are paying attention.

When you’re preoccupied on your computer… Your kids are paying attention. 

When you’re loving your spouse … Your kids are paying attention.

gpt sdt finish

When you make an inappropriate comment… Your kids are paying attention. 

When you say I love you… Your kids are paying attention.

finish eet

When you forget the small little things that matter… Your kids are paying attention. 

When you praise your kids for doing something well… Your kids are paying attention.

Jacks Treats Feast 2010 Budweiser Horses 007

When you’re making healthy food choices… Your kids are paying attention.

When you’re exercising… Your kids are paying attention.

jtt sdt3

They might be little, but they see, hear and pay attention to EVERYTHING around them.  They absorb everything that YOU do.  They’re learning and shaping themselves in to the adults they will become.  Are you being the person you want them to become?  Are YOU paying attention? 

13 comments:

XLMIC said...

This is so true... and I love the pics you chose to accompany the text.

Victoria - The first day said...

Very True! Just another reason to make sure that we as parents get out and take care of ourselves so our little ones pay attention and do the same. I would like to share this post to my blog, is that ok with you?

Amanda said...

Like!

Ronald Obringer said...

suddenly with less than 3 months to go..i am really paying attention.

amy_niklaus said...

Damn! It's too late for mine! Hahahahaha. But actually....both of mine have turned into healthy food nuts and exercise freaks. Maybe they were paying attention....didn't want to do what I did and end up having my body! Hahahahahahaha!

Fancy Nancy said...

This is absolutely true!!! My little girl pretends she is running in "The Big Race" all the time!! I need to work on being the person personality wise that I want her to be too. Less stressing about silly stuff! Thanks for the reminder!

Running Mama said...

Love this. Thank you!

Feener44 said...

love this - thank you !!!

Susan Tirch said...

Absolutely! Thank you!!

Susan Tirch said...

Thanks!

G. said...

Oh Dear - well things were different when you all were little - you are all crafty and can cook and fish!! hahahahahahahahaha

Victoria - The first day said...

http://victoria-thefirstday.blogspot.com/2011/06/pay-attention.html

I shared this today to my blog, thanks! I know there are others out there who need a little BOOST just like I did! I made it out for a 3.8 km run last night, and I haven't been out for a run in over 4 weeks! Thank YOU!

Susan Tirch said...

That's awesome! Thanks Victoria.

Post a Comment