Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Simple Time of Summer

I’ve been looking forward to summer for quite some time.  It’s the time when all things slow waaaaaaaaaaaay down.   Um yeah… about that.

8:30 am  Last kid awakes

8:30 to 9:30 Breakfast, get dressed, teeth brushed

9:30 am Leave for the YMCA

9:50 to 10:30 Workout

11:00  Shower

11:35 Lunch

12:30 to 2:30 Summer Rec Swim Team

wnt swim2

2:30 Prepare the Princess for recital dress rehearsal

eet5

3:30 to 4:45 Dance rehearsal

4:45 to 5:45 Commute to hockey, dinner in the car, dress for hockey

Dance Recital Pics 034

5:45 to 6:45 Hockey

7:30 Arrive home

7:30 to 8:00 Baths and bed

8:00 to 8:43 Write Lame Blog

I remember when I was a kid we’d spend all hours during the summer at the pool, playing in the yard, riding our bikes and catching lightening bugs.  There were no camps, no activities, no eating Chick Fil A in the car. 

sdt and kids

I feel fortunate that my kids have such wonderful opportunities, but I miss the simpler times of summer. 

What are you doing to relax this summer? 

Are you or your kids involved in activities? 

5 comments:

Jharmon671 said...

Im tired just ready everything!

Ronald Obringer said...

My son is just hanging out in the womb all summer...so no hockey for us yet. Relax? whats that mean? I got a house to paint, remodel, and prep for the new addition!! LOL I miss relaxing summers riding my bike, playing pickup baseball and football games, going fishing and catching lightning bugs in a jar with grass and a stick in it...

tracey smith said...

Not much here. June is a bit busy with school until next week and baseball and softball finishing. But July and August, nothing but some short swim lessons. I can't wait!!!

victoria.odle24 said...

Fortunately, my children are at the age where I don't have to worry about summer programs, camps, activities, etc. but I do also remember the summers when I was a youngster myself and spent all my time at the pool.

Tri4Success said...

Busy as ever here! Summer? Hah! All that means is a lot more sweat involved regardless of activity.

Post a Comment