Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Second Quarter Review

I’m a little late, and I’m sure all of you have been pining away waiting for my second quarter review.  In case you missed it, here is the first quarter review for your reading pleasure. 

My goal for 2011 is pretty simple.  I want to complete 12 races in 12 months.  During the first quarter I completed just two races, The Livestrong Austin Marathon in February and Rock n Roll Dallas Half Marathon in March. 

With just two races under my belt in three months time, I had a little ground to make up and I did just that.  Here’s the recap of my races and other events in the second quarter of 2011. 

We had a visit from Granny

gpt cin kids

I did my first brick workout of the season.

Brick 005

I completed my first triathlon (The Rookie Triathlon) of the season. 

sm lf sdt

We celebrated Easter

family

We were visited by George’s Parents

Botanical Gardens 035

We celebrated Nicholas first holy communion

kids2

I ran the Dukes and Daisies 5K on Mother’s Day and almost PRd

sdt start

Ella graduated from pre-k to Kindergarten

after eet3

Nicholas ran his first 5k, while I ran for fun and sported a tutu. Learn how to make your own tutu here

wnt sdt

I learned how to change a bike tire.

bike maint 002

Ella had her end of year dance recital.

eet3

We tie dyed t-shirts.  Learn how to make your own tie dye shirts here.

Tie Dye Finish Product 010

Nicholas and I ran a night time 5k in 100 degree heat.

wnt sdt

I completed the Pflugerville Sprint Triathlon

sdt run

Wow!  I don’t know about you, but the months just seem to go by so quickly.  I can’t believe we are half way through 2011.  Pretty soon we’ll be talking back to school and pumpkin recipes. 

Oh well, time marches on.  I’m pretty happy having completed two triathlons and three 5ks in the second quarter.  I’m well on my way to my goal of 12 races in 12 months.  I’m excited for the 3rd quarter!  I smell a half ironman… RELAY! 

4 comments:

G. said...

You are one busy woman xoxoxox G.

Tri4Success said...

Clue as to how busy you are: You were the first blogger to post a 1st quarter review. Your 2nd quarter review took 2 weeks.

A half-IM relay sounds awesome!

amy_niklaus said...

Wow - I won't accomplish that much in the next ten years! Way to go!

Amanda Schaefers said...

I just looked at my scheduled and realized that I only have 10 races scheduled for this year (I've got 4 done so far), and now it doesn't seem like enough. Jason is going to hate you for putting all these crazy ideas in my head, like 12 races in 12 months... because of course I drag him out of bed on his day to sleep in and make him go with me. lol.

Post a Comment