Sunday, July 31, 2011

Will You Accept This Day?

Honestly today was perfect.  It started out with a 12 mile training run with Tim and Cooper.  Tim is currently training for the New York City Marathon so it was nice to have someone to train with since my current training partners are both out of town. 

Today’s run was the fastest long run I’ve done in awhile.  It felt sooooo good.  The weather was hot, but it didn’t really get me down.  I think I was LONG overdue for a GREAT long run.  Here’s the breakdown. 

12 Mile Run: 

  • Mile 1:  10:50
  • Mile 2:  10:38
  • Mile 3:  10:39
  • Mile 4:  10:55
  • Mile 5:  10:24
  • Mile 6:  10:38
  • Mile 7:  10:43
  • Mile 8:  10:43
  • Mile 9:   10:42
  • Mile 10:  10:26
  • Mile 11:  10:50
  • Mile 12:  11:07

Total:  2:09

Average:   10:43

Shortly after our run, we cleaned up and headed out for some much needed “fuel”.  We took Dedie and fam to Torchy’s Tacos, which as you probably know by now, is one of my favorite spots in Austin. 

torchys all

Next up was the Bob Bullock Texas History Museum. 

star tirches star irons2

Perhaps it wasn’t the best place for a 3 and 5 year old, so I went through the museum pretty quickly with Ella and Jack.   Everyone else hung back and enjoyed the museum more fully.  Even so, it was worth the trip and I think everyone had a good time. 

story of texas gpt and kids

gpt kids Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 008Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 010Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 009

Our day ended with an adult only evening at Sandra Bullock’s restaurant Bess Bistro. 

bess bistro irons2bess bistro tirch

I didn’t have high hopes for the dinner because these type of establishments tend to disappoint, but it was the exact opposite.  The dinner was perfect from start to finish.  The food was fabulous and the service was exemplary. 

bess bistro irons3bess bistro sdt gpt

bess bistro all

Ok, ok the night didn’t end there.  We might (as in maybe or maybe not) have stalked Brad Womak’s (from season 15 of The Bachelor) bars in downtown Austin.  I can neither confirm not deny if this actually happened. 

Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 027Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 029Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 030Bob Bullock Bess Bistro 032

I may not have gotten to accept his rose, but I did get to accept this exceptional day! 

3 comments:

G. said...

Nice! xoxoxo G.

Ronald Obringer said...

looks like a fun weekend. can you fedex some torchy taco's up to us up here?

Jharmon671 said...

Not to sound needy, but I'm not feeling missed. :)

Post a Comment