Thursday, August 11, 2011

8 Miles Sweating

Hello successful week of training after two really shitty not so stellar weeks. 

daily mile 2

Sure I still have the weekend to go, but I generally have the most trouble getting in my weekday workouts when things go awry.  So after a few weeks of being off track it feels good to have a solid week in thus far including today’s 8 miler with Bianca. 

We ran starting at 6:15 am before the sun had risen and it was 82* at the start.  I can’t even explain to you the amount of sweat that came from my body.  I even contemplated going nothing but a sports bra at it, but thought better of it.  You’re welcome people of Leander/Cedar Park.  To be honest, this run was a struggle.  I feel like I’m using so much of my energy to combat the heat that I’m not able to run to my full potential.  Knowing that is the case helps, but it is still discouraging. 

8 Mile Run: 

  • Mile 1:  11:13
  • Mile 2:  11:18
  • Mile 3:  11:08
  • Mile 4:  10:52
  • Mile 5:  10:52 -----> Gu
  • Mile 6: 10:39
  • Mile 7:  10:25
  • Mile 8:  10:43 ----->  HILL!!! 

Total:  8.00 mils

Average: 10:54

What makes me happy about this run is the negative splits.  Taking the Gu at mile 5 was the smartest thing I did because it gave me just he right amount of energy I needed to finish strong.  If we hadn’t have hit the hill at mile 8 I know that mile would have been faster too.  The last .3 miles or so we were running an 8:40 pace and finished our last steps at a 7:48 pace. 

I’m beginning to accept you Texas summer weather, but that does not mean I have to like you.  I know if it were 50 degrees (or heck even 70 degrees) during my run this morning those numbers would have been a lot lower.  I’m doing the best I can under the circumstances and that’s all anyone can really do right? 

I’ve adjusted my long run schedule for this week and next due to me shaving a few too many miles off of last week’s long run.  I was supposed to do 16 this week and I will do 12.  Next week was supposed to be a rest week, but I’ll tackle my 16 then. 

I don’t know why, but I feel like this week is a whole new beginning.  It’s the dawn of a new attitude.

sdt lake before

2 comments:

tracey smith said...

Glad to see you are back on track. I need to do more than run. Why did I think a marathon was a good idea? Keep it up!

Tri4Success said...

Good to hear. Keep it going!

Post a Comment