Saturday, August 20, 2011

Going to See a Man about a Boat

Good Saturday morning.  Not my usual time of day to post, but I felt a little guilty leaving you all hanging last night with no post.  It wasn’t because I was lazy or didn’t have anything to talk about… that doesn’t stop me any other night… It was because when we got home from our “trip” I was completely exhausted. 

We left the house at 10 am to drive to a suburb of Dallas (nearly 3 and 1/2 hours away) to go meet up with George’s friend (Craig) about buying his boat.  We’re pretty serious about buying a boat, but extremely cautious about what boat to buy.  We want to get the most boat we can for the least amount of money, but we also want what we want. 

Dallas Wakeboarding 230

Craig’s boat is the right price, but it is definitely not all the things we want.  It’s hard not to be torn.  Despite the shortcomings the boat has (basically it’s small) we really had a lot of fun spending about 3 hours (how does time go so quickly out on the water) messing around. 

sdt up sdt scream

sdt fall

Nicholas wakeboarded again and got up on a board that was two sizes too big for him.  This was his first time wakeboarding behind an actual boat (not on a cable or a jetski) and he dominated that board even though it was bigger than he is.  I know it may seem like I’m bragging, but that’s really not it at all. I just want to remember how he’s learned and I really am PROUD of him. 

wnt

George tried too, but for some reason was having a hard time.  We’re not sure what went wrong.  Remember when I talked about him being good at everything and how annoying it is?  Well, I didn’t take as much satisfaction in his “failure” as I thought.  Maybe I’m not going to hell after all. 

Dallas Wakeboarding 090

After spending a few hours on this boat it is clear that it has everything we need to have a good time.  Honestly it’s the perfect size for us and us alone.  The problem is we want to share in the fun with our friends and family.  We also don’t want to grow out of this boat as the kids get older (and bigger).   It’s a tough decision because the price fits my wallet perfectly.  Even so, I still don’t know if I can see myself in this boat…. or maybe I can. 

Dallas Wakeboarding 229

0 comments:

Post a Comment