Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Blog

I can not believe that one year ago today I took a leap of faith and pushed publish on my first ever blog post.  At the time, I had been reading blogs for close to two years, and with the encouragement of my good friend Angela,  I found the courage to start my own. 

susan and angie

Angela and I after a LONG bike ride

368 posts later and here I am.  My blog is so special to me because it is like an online little diary.  I have captured so many memories, not only with my children, but also with my races.  I definitely wouldn’t remember all the tiny details of every day life (or even of big events).  To have something like this is definitely a blessing.

I’ve talked before about how I write the blog primarily for myself and that is true, but really it’s only partially true.  Let me explain.  I write the blog for myself so that I can remember things in my life—that’s obvious.  More importantly I remind myself that I’m writing for ME because then I think it’s more of an accurate reflection of the real me-- who I really am and not who I think I should be or who I think you (my readers) want me to be.  I’m just me!

sdt funny face

Me being me

Having said all that,  my readers are so important to me and I appreciate EVERY SINGLE one of you.  Whether you have been here this whole year, picked up somewhere in between or even if you’re reading for the first time today, I appreciate you.  Obviously the blog is more than just about MYSELF.  If I wanted to just write for me then I could easily keep a journal.  I write for me in hopes that it will inspire someone, make someone laugh, or make someone think, “I can relate”. 

I’m not the smartest person, the funniest person, the fastest runner (or cyclist or swimmer), or the best mom.  No, I’m none of those things.  I’m just me and I put myself out there for you to love me or hate me and thus far I have only felt the love. 

finish jtt2Austin Marathon 2011 046

Me feeling the love with my kids after the Austin Marathon

I look forward to many more blog birthdays and hope that you’ll continue on this journey with me.  Thank you so much for reading.  It really does make me feel special every day.   Especially when you comment!  Eek! 

In honor of the blog’s birthday I’m asking that everyone click on over to my Facebook fan page and show me some birthday love by leaving me a comment telling me what you like (or don’t like) about the blog.  Or if that’s too much, simple click here and like the Mom Swim Bike Run Facebook Page.  Thanks everyone! 

Happy First Birthday Mom Swim Bike Run

5 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Birthday to your blog - and to YOU!!!

xoxoxo

G. said...

:o) xoxoxo G.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!

Angela f said...

OMG I do believe I was seeing stars in the picture. That day was bananas!! Love it though. I love the blog because it makes me feel like I am still part of your life even though you are far away and I am not so good at keeping up communication on my end. Plus, you motivate me to get moving when I forget and to keep moving even when I already am. Love you!!! Happy birthday!!!!! Xoxox

Ronald Obringer said...

Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment