Monday, August 15, 2011

I Will

Marathon training is a long and daunting process.  Sometimes I think about the mileage that is left to come and I feel overwhelmed.  There’s a lot that goes into marathon training— A LOT! 

By the time marathon training is over I will have eaten nearly 50 Gus.  That’s 5000 calories or nearly one and a half pounds of Gu. 

gu

I will have run nearly 500 miles.  Duh you run a lot during marathon training.  No big surprise there. 

bc sdt warm up

I will have cycled over 700 miles.

sdt

I will have attended over 40 Body Pump Classes.  That’s over 2000 lunges and squats, thousands of chest presses, tricep extensions, bicep curls, clean and presses, and abdominal crunches. 

I will have consumed over 250,000 calories and burned 60,000 from exercising.  That means I could eat about 250 donuts, 111 Big Macs, or 300 chocolate chip cookies guilt free. 

But by the time it’s all said and done I will…

have shared all those miles with some REALLY good friends.

jkh bc

I will have gained strength, speed and confidence.

Pittsburgh half marathon 2010

I will realize that all the hours I spent and the sacrifices I’ve made were worth it. 

finish5

I will NEVER do this again. 

I will say that… until the next time.  Winking smile

8 comments:

Ronald Obringer said...

nice! you will have to check out my blog later today, going to post about my first experience on the road bike...

Juliette Harmon said...

Can't wait to see you cross that finish line again!

Fancy Nancy said...

I always say to my friend...I'm going to put that comment on the calendar when she says she'll never do another....she's on 8!

Tonia said...

Love this! I never thought about the training in relation to GU consumption. It totally made me laugh!

adriennesills said...

Love this post:)

tracey smith said...

I am saying the same thing right now. This training is taking over my life. Remind me of that next time I get a crazy idea in my head!

D. said...

Just how do you do it all? Run the World!
D.

momswimbikerun said...

can't we just walk it???

Post a Comment