Monday, August 29, 2011

Men are from Mars

George hears me talk at nauseam about how my body changes or doesn’t change due to my exercising and eating.  I’m sure he gets tired of me pointing out my flaws and also tired of hearing about when I discover the beginnings of a new baby muscle.  He rarely comments (he just smiles and nods) but when he does he normally doesn’t say the “right” thing.  (In his defense he’s not TRYING to be mean, usually he’s trying to be the exact opposite.) 

So apparently the other day he came across this picture (on his Facebook page) and thought he’d SHOW me how my body has changed.   I believe the direct quote was, “Wait ‘til you see yourself in this picture.”  Oh great, I just knew I was going to see a “fat” picture. 

The picture he showed me wasn’t at all what I was expecting to see.  I immediately thought of post baby pictures— in particular one I remember from Nicholas’ 4th birthday party.  Nope it wasn’t that picture.  It was a picture of me at a 5K race (where I didn’t think I looked that bad). 

Steelers Gatorade 5K 004

When I look at this picture I pretty much see the same person that stands before the mirror today (except for the blonde hair of course).  George told me he can see a HUGE difference in my legs, especially in my calves.  I had to inspect. 

I tried to find a picture where I could make a comparison, but nothing was exactly the same.  So, I did what any sane crazy person would do and I dug out those shorts and took a picture.

Exhibit A circa today:                   Exhibit B circa August 2009: 

Ella about me t shirt 029Steelers Gatorade 5K 004

Sorry George, but I see no difference whatsoever.  Therefore, you have called your wife, not only FAT back then, but FAT today. 

Remember my birthday is in 2 days.  My work here is done! 

9 comments:

DiaryofaMadFatWoman said...

hahaha, birthday present UPGRADE.

Julie Harmon said...

Oh boy...He means well!

Maria said...

Sorry, I have to agree with George....there is a difference! And it's good!

xoxo

Marisa Olsen said...

I have to agree with your hubby, there's a difference and a positive one!!

G. said...

Yes there IS a difference! You have black colored glasses on! xoxo G.

tracey smith said...

I agree with George also- (sorry in a good way!)

Shannon said...

There is a difference! Look at your thighs! You're toner now than you were then! :)

Trish said...

I agree with George. There is a VERY distinct difference. Your legs are very toned and slimmer. Look at the way the shorts hug your thighs in both pictures. BIG DIFFERENCE! Keep it up sexy momma!

Ronald Obringer said...

oh george...if you need a drink gimme a call. hahahahaha....

Post a Comment