Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crap Report

The insanity of marathon training has really begun now.  I can never really wrap my head around running 10 miles as a mid-week run.  10 miles.  Double digits.  That should count as a long run in my book and you should only have to do one of those a week.  It doesn’t work that way, however, and from here on out I’ll be putting in a lot of 10 mile Thursdays followed by some high mileage Sundays (the REAL long run).  I’m really just moaning and groaning because I have nothing better to say. 

Remember when I told you yesterday it would be hot out.  It was. 

10 miles hot2

93 degrees by the time we finished but it felt like 193.  It was so hot and sunny, I really wanted to fall down and quit.  The only thing that stopped me was knowing I might trip Bianca if I fell into her path.  I didn’t want to chance injuring her before her marathon so I plowed through and finished 10 miles. 

10 miles hot splits

Bianca and I usual run negative splits on our runs, but I just did NOT have it in me.  Aside from the heat, my body hated me.  My legs hurt and I know they’re tired.  I’m beginning to think that tired legs are just part of marathon training and I need to stop complaining.  I’m not injured, I’m tired.  There’s a difference. 

That’s it my friends.  10 crappy miles, 1 crappy report.  How can you not come back tomorrow for more? 

3 comments:

Tim said...

Don't beat yourself up. Those are great times considering the heat. I sure as heck couldn't do it. BTW it's going to be 45 degrees and rain in Pittsburgh for my 20 miler tomorrow...I'm not rubbing that in at all. Keep up the good work!

G. said...

Perhaps your body IS TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!! xoxo G.

robringer said...

chin up, head up, your legs will definitely need some recovery time after all your marathon training is over!! a good week off and maybe a spa trip is in order for ya.

keep it up susan, the finish line is just around the corner.

Post a Comment