Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fierce Fall Soccer

Today was Ella’s first Soccer game of the fall season, marking the start of her third season playing soccer.

eet soccer5

                   Fall 2010                                              Spring 2011

1

Today

When Ella first started playing soccer I was so nervous because I doubted her athletic abilities.  I feel guilty just saying that, but it is true.  Ella’s a bit of a girlie girl so I had no idea what she’d be capable of. 

15

In just one short year I’ve watched her go from a timid little girl to a fierce competitor. 

She’ll go after the ball (even up against the boys). 

8

She hustles and is always giving it her very best effort. 

13

She even plays some mean defense. 

6

I feel like I’m always underestimating Ella.  I’m not sure why I don’t give her as much credit as she deserves.  Maybe it’s because of the blonde hair, blue eyes and sweet disposition. 

3

I will tell you, however, Ella is going to make sure she’s recognized as more than just a pretty face.  She’s all business when she’s on the field. 

14

I’m sorry for underestimating you my sweet baby tough girl.  I promise from now on Mommy will quit being surprised by your success and start realizing you’ve got what it takes to be an excellent athlete. 

Now, if you could please do something about that tongue.

11

Ella Fall Soccer 2011 008Ella Fall Soccer 2011 007Ella Fall Soccer 2011 006Ella Fall Soccer 2011 004

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

It is amazing how much they can grow and learn in just one year! This my 7 yr old son's 3rd fall season and he has played 2 spring seasons as well. He is really starting to go after the ball more and understand the different concepts of passing and defending as well as fakes and decoys. So fun to watch! Good luck to her this season!

goofycancook said...

Love soccer! :) Glad to see she's doing so well!

amy_niklaus said...

No, no! Leave the tongue! That's what gives her that extra edge!!! You know she is serious and playing tough! Go ahead...google it.. "The power of the tongue in sports". PS - Texas doesn't have any green grass, WTH?

Ronald Obringer said...

michael jordan used to stick out his tongue when he would dunk...who knows...maybe she is the next Mia Hamm or Abbey Wambach...

Post a Comment