Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Race Results for Dummies: Athlinks

I might be late to the game, but I found out about a really cool website today.  I ran into an acquaintance (hi Kelly!) at school today and she told me about a website called Athlinks

Athlinks is a race results database that allows you to see all your race results from previous races in one place.  They have tracked close to 80 million races, so chances are they have tracked yours. 

All you have to do is enter your name and press search.  

athlinks1

Once you have searched for your races it will ask you to “claim” any races that might be yours.  At this point you will be prompted to sign up (but that is quick and painless and FREE). 

athlink2

I used George’s name in my search because I had already signed up by the time I decided to do this wonderful tutorial on the blog. 

Once you’ve claimed your races they go to “approval”.  I’m not sure what happens once the powers that be approve them as I haven’t gotten to that stage yet, but even before then you get a nice display of all your information. 

Athlinks will group your races by date or category.   It lists the dates of your races, your official times and even your place by age, division and overall.  I don’t like to look at those stats, so let’s pretend they’re not there shall we? 

athlink3

I don’t know about you, but I’m always trying to remember my PRs and what time I got at what race and I can never quite remember.  This is a nice place to go and have everything right in front of you all neat and orderly and you don’t have to know how to use spreadsheets.  This is race results for dummies.

Athlinks also lets you search for other members based on location, gender, age, and racing interests.  So if finding other like minded individuals is your thing, this might be the place for you to go. 

So go on over to www.Athlinks.com and search for your name and find out how bad you sucked at running in 2005.  Oh wait, just me?  Sorry! 

5 comments:

DiaryofaMadFatWoman said...

im on there! i love that site.

Julie Harmon said...

Very cool! Active.com does same think but I get frustrated with them because they don't have all my races. I will def check this out!

G. said...

Awesome tool! xoxo G.

Feener44 said...

i love athlinks as well, it is also good to look up your rivals ..heheheh

Sdvmba05 said...

i searched my name..nothing came up! lol

Post a Comment