To calm my nerves I decided I'd list the pros and cons to doing my long run on a Tuesday.
- Can't start until the kids are at school which makes for a 8:00 am start instead of my normal 6:00 am start
- Feel pressure to get done ASAP as I have to pick up Jack from school
- Have to be seen (and smelled) by other humans right after run (because I have to get Jack from school)
- Must stay vertical the rest of the day as there will be no time for napping
- Can't convince George to get me food and drinks and massage my ankles as he will be at work
- No water stations on the trail on weekdays
- Only 5 more days until ANOTHER long run
- Don't have the rest of the day to relax
- No one to ask me how it went when I get home (lonely much?)
- Running 22 miles sucks no matter what day of the week it is
So as you can see, there are a lot of disadvantages to doing a long run on a Tuesday, but I came up with some Pros too.
- I didn't have to run in the rain on Sunday
- I'll miss my hill/speed workout as that is normally done on Tuesday
- I will be able to consume copious amounts of calories on a random Tuesday
- Running 22 miles is awesome no matter what day of the week it is
After weighing all the pros and cons I see a couple of things. I'll be skipping hill repeats and eating lots of food. Winning! I also realized, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is-- running 22 miles is hard, but when it's over it well feel oh so good (on a Tuesday!).
You see, the good always outweighs the bad.