Saturday, October 15, 2011

Step Back 15 Miles

I'm exhausted, but I knew y'all wouldn't be able to sleep tonight without knowing how my long run went.  Well, I woke up at 5:30 really pissed off that I was running this morning.  I tried to push my bad attitude, and the fact that I was still so sleepy, aside and move on.

I met Bianca and her friend Chrystal at the Y by 6:15.  We were on the trail in the dark.  This might account for why the first few miles were so slow.  It's hard to run when you can't see, but honestly the "slow" pace felt tough.  By this time, I had wrapped my head around the run, but my body didn't want to cooperate.  I told myself it was ok to be slower than normal.  I had run 30 miles in the 4 days leading up to this run and was about to add 15 more.

Chrystal ran with us for the first four miles before she had to head back.  I was a bit envious of her eight miles today, but thankful that I was running "just 15".


Chrystal and Bianca.  Is that quality photography or what?  

The run seemed to go by pretty slowly and I could tell Bianca wanted to be going faster, but I really was giving it all I had today.  I wound up cutting my run a half mile short just because I didn't want to run around the parking lot to hit 15 miles.  I figured a half a mile didn't make much of a difference at this point.   Here are the splits.
 



Bianca's and my training plans are going to be different from here on out because her marathon is a week earlier than mine. Today was her last long run (20 miles) while I had a step back week.  It was really hard leaving her to run her last 5 miles by herself, but she was in good spirits and had a lot left in the tank.  I sent her off with some well wishes and a wave.


So there you have it.  Another long run compete and another lack luster report.  There's one long run left to go and then...  Let the taper begin!

1 comments:

G. said...

Still don't like you out there in the dark - but glad you pushed on! xoxo G.

Post a Comment