Here is my 2011 List:
I really loved running the IBM Uptown Classic 10k. Even though any time would have been a PR because I have never done this distance, I'm pretty proud of my time (58:05). More importantly this was one of my favorite races of the year. I had so much fun running with my friends.
- Well, I'm still alive, that much I can say. And not only did I complete one marathon, but I completed TWO! Yay me!
February: Livestrong Austin Marathon 4:58:20
- November: Rock n Roll San Antonio 5:02:49
- 3. Complete an Olympic distance triathlon. Fail
- I can say that I did do 3 sprint distance triathlons, however and that's nothing to sneeze at right? A-choo (never mind).
4. Ride 100 miles. Fail
I have nothing to say about this. Just a big fat fail. I spent so much time focused on my running that I forgot about cycling almost entirely. That makes me sad.
5. Set a 1/2 marathon PR (Current 2:09) Fail
I actually didn't even come close. My fastest half this year was just a week ago at Decker Challenge when I finished in 2:14:43. I feel like I have a PR in me, I just didn't get it done in 2011.
6. Set a 5K PR (Current 29:29). Kinda.
Does kinda count? My fastest 5K in a race this year was at Duke's and Daisies on Mother's day. I finished just shy of my record in 29:41.
However, one random day (you can read about it here) I went out and ran a 5K in 28:15. Does it count if it's not in a race? Like I said, kinda.
Looking at this list makes me feel like a little bit of a failure, which is further proof to me that you should not make these kinds of list. How could I look back at 2011 and feel like a failure? I may not have met a few of my goals, but I pushed myself hard, trained for a marathon through the heat of a Texas summer, enjoyed racing some triathlons and had so much fun at so many races.
So no, I didn't accomplish all my goals, but I still feel like 2011 was a HUGE success and anything left from 2011 I'll just carry on over to 2012. Bring it!