Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookies for Santa

Sometimes my blog isn't a "how to," a "you should," a race recap, or an inspirational story.  Sometimes, it's just a special memory (pretty much to just me) so that I can remember simple times with my kids.  Tonight is one of those.  We made decorated sugar cookies, they aren't particularly pretty nor exciting, but my kids had fun and it's something we do every year together.



Daddy heads up the icing department and the kids are in charge of decorating.








In case you wondered, I'm in charge of making sure each cookie doesn't get drowned in toppings and putting them away for safe keeping.  It's a tough job, but someone's has to do it.  

Here are the fruits of our labor. 


 And the mess it caused.


At the beginning of the week I only had one type of cookie made, but I feel like I accomplished a lot and Santa will have plenty of variety when he comes down the chimney.  




4 comments:

G. said...

Aww, brings back memories - I see you made the apricot cookies I always made - I LOVE those - didn't make them this year! Nice job - great memories for you kids to carry on................ *SMILE* xoxo G.

Jeannie said...

We do the same thing every year! We made about 5 different kinds of cookies this year. No sugar cookies but we made gingerbread cookies and iced and decorated them. :)

JulietteHarmon said...

Where are my cookies, Tirch!! I'm feeling very unloved!!!

robringer said...

MMM yum

Post a Comment