Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowman on a Stick

When I originally saw this idea on Pinterst, I knew it was something I had to recreate.  Jack is snack helper on Thursday, so I set out to practice tonight and make sure it worked out for me.

Note:  This is NOT my original idea, but completely stolen from this site.  Click the                                  link for her tutorial or stay here and read mine.  

How to Make a Snowman Treat Using Powdered Sugar Donuts 



Here is what you will need:



  • Skewer 
  • Three white mini powdered donuts 
  • 5 mini chocolate chips
  • Baby carrot (quartered) 
  • Mini green or red jaw breakers (could also use red hots) 
  • Clear treat bag 
  • Ribbon 
  • Icing (optional)
  • edit:  my anal retentiveness required me to add a scarf.  I used red pull an peal licorice 

Step One:  Skewer your donuts CAREFULLY!




Step Two:  Add two jawbreakers to the bottom two donuts as buttons.



Step Three:  Add Eyes, and mouth using mini chocolate chips (I used a small amount of icing to hold the chips in place) and then add the carrot in the middle of the top donut for a nose.



Step Four:  Add a scarf with licorice or gummie rope (I didn't because I forgot it at the store!). Edited to add.  After I took all the pics for the blog post I decided it NEEDED the sarf and I added it using pull and peel licorice.  

Step Five:  Insert in bag, tie a bow and enjoy.





Before without scarf 


after with scarf 

1 comments:

G. said...

Clever - hope they don't fall apart - how many did Jack eat - he did help right? LOL xoxo G.

Post a Comment