Saturday, January 7, 2012

So Many Races So Little Money

I think everyone has habits/hobbies that cost a lot of money.  For instance, smoking.  Hell that could cost you hundreds of dollars a month.  I mean who would spend hundreds a month EVERY month just to keep up a nasty little habit?

That would be me.  I confess, I registered for ANOTHER race, out of the blue and unplanned.



I will be running the Zooma (Women's Race Series) half marathon in Bastrop, TX on March 31st.

So far in 2012 I have spent (or plan to spend)

$86 3M Half-Marathon
$80 Color Run (and that's having my kids bandit run this race) it would really cost $200
$95 Livestrong Austin Marathon
$38 Statesman's Cap 10K
$70 Zooma Half-Marathon

That's $369 in just 3 months.   Maybe I should just take up smoking.  Or drinking?  Ohhhh how about shopping and eating?  Oh wait, I have those habit too.  Ok George, stop reading.

8 comments:

Shann Spann said...

Ohhhh.... I feel your pain! :)

G. said...

Not sure about this so I HAVE to ask. Why do you have to race - why can't you just run?.....on your own.........just wondering - I'm not a runner so I truly don't know! xoxox G.

Momswimbikerun said...

Just b/c it's sooooo much fun. Also b/c you can always do better at races. Plus it keeps me on track. If I know I have a race I'll do the training. If I don't have anything to work towards then I slack off. Mostly though b/c it's fun!!! Make any sense? IDK?

tracey smith said...

And if you get into NYC, add another $250 or so!!!

Nanette Gil said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only runner that slacks if I don't have a race. I just signed up for Zooma too. Race fee's add up, especially the half or full marathons. Oh, and don't forget to add in the new pair of running shoes & gear needed to keep updated. I've learned the key to keeping the expenses down is registering early.

Momswimbikerun said...

It's up to 255 and don't even get me started on the price of Triathlons. Sheesh!

robringer said...

too bad they don't have a groupon for runners :)

Amanda Gray Mills said...

I haven't registered yet, but I"m interested in Zooma too. Waiting to make sure I can walk after yesterday's marathon and get a little closer to the Austin 1/2 to officially sign up.

Post a Comment