Obviously people are motivated by very different things and I know you've been dying to know what motivates me. What motivates me to workout 5 to 6 days a week, what motivates me to sign up for races, and what motivates me to eat cheeseburgers. Oh you didn't wonder about that? My bad!
So here you go.
The Top 10 Motivators that Keep me Moving
10. So I can wear shorts. For a 5 year span of life, I actually cut shorts out of my life. Looking back, I can't even imagine. I might not have the nicest legs, but they have become, at least, short worthy.
9. I want to have muscles. It's true. I like them. They look nice. It's exciting when I find a new one.
8. I prefer not to have a muffin top in my jeans. Who wants to sit down and find that their belly has spread out over the top of their pants? Seriously, is that not the MOST uncomfortable feeling ever?
7. Endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people are nice to children.
6. My peers. When I see other women (well everyone, but especially women) out there who lead similar lifestyles to mine (i.e. they are a wife/mother/etc) and they are kicking booty, I get so inspired and therefore motivated.
5. My dimply behind. No explanation needed. Cellulite, I will beat you one day!!!
4. To improve myself. Trust me there is A LOT of room for improvement. Every time I complete a race, I can't help but pick it apart and wonder if I could have finished a second faster. When the time comes that I think I ran a PERFECT race, I'll quit. (Not happening any time soon).
3. I want to step on the scale at the OB/GYN and not cringe that I might have put on 10 lbs since last year. Come on ladies. You know what I mean. No one wants their doc lifting her eyes up over your chart and giving you a not-so-approving-glare. You know the one.
2. I want to be healthy. Above all I truly to want to be healthy so I can lead a long life and meet my grandchildren. Plus I always imagined myself in a corner booth at Denny's ordering the senior plate with George.
.... and the NUMBER ONE thing that gets me out the door and moving every day
1. I want to be a good example to my children. One day I hope they'll tell me I'm their hero, or at the very least, their role model!
What keeps you motivated?
I know I sound like a broken record, but if you could take 1 minute and vote
for me to win this photo contest, I would be forever grateful.
I can't even imagine the opportunity to go to Kona! Right now I'm in SECOND PLACE!
Click here and vote for my picture.
(You might have to look for it, but hopefully I'm near the top.
It's me bloody and listed under Susan T.)