Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm Not a Flake

A while back I told y'all about a few things I had On the Horizon.  It was March 28th to be exact.  At the time, I told you I'd be running a Sprint Triathlon on Memorial Day.




As it turned out, I didn't run the triathlon after all.  In fact, I never even registered for it.  You see, I intended on doing it with my friend Kelley, but she decided she needed a little more time in the water before she tackled a Tri of that size.  Not wanting to do it alone, I didn't register.   I mean who wants to do a triathlon alone with no friends?  Not me that's who!


  


If there's one thing I pride myself in being (actually not being) it's not being a flake.  I don't ever like to go back on my word or talk just to talk.  I like to back up my talk with some action.  So yes, I felt a bit like a flake letting you all know I was going to run the CapTex Tri and then not even signing up.  Truth be told, I never felt like CapTex was the race for me.  There are a LOT of serious racers out there doing that race and although I do consider myself "serious", I'm not at the same caliber as some of those athletes.

I rather do a much lower key triathlon where this is a lot less pressure.  Enter the Georgetown Super Sprint Triathlon.  I'm officially registered!  Now don't go all rolling your eyes at me.  Yes it is a super sprint (200M swim, 7 mile bike, 2 mile run), but I intend to really race this event.

Honestly, I've never gone out there and actually raced a triathlon.  Most times I was out there trying not to die, but this time I intend to swim, bike and run hard (for me) and see what I've got.  I'm not trying to come in first (I never could), but I just hope to feel, in the end, like I gave it my all.  I don't want to hold anything back and I want to feel accomplished at the end.  I'm hoping to finish in under an hour.   Let's hope I don't flake!

Swim, bike, run for the win not coming in last.



4 comments:

Steelerfan said...

I wish there was a super Sprint around here. Sounds fun!

Letty :)

G. said...

Good Luck - you will do fine!!! xoxoxx

megan.doty said...

So glad I found your blog! I hope to someday be able to accomplish a triathlon! ...most likely a super sprint! :)

ron o said...

i need to register for one! i am slacking in the swimming department.

Post a Comment