Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lofty Goals

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Pittsburgh to run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon.   It seems like just yesterday I started my plan to convince George to "let" me go to Pittsburgh.  In reality, it was in January I formulated the plan to run in Pittsburgh.  I then declared in February that I'd run fast with less lard in Pittsburgh.  I then took it a step further and declared (on March 21st) my intent to weigh 128 (or bust) on race day.

Well, here I am almost 6 weeks later and I guess you could call me busted.   I knew 128 was a lofty goal, but I'm all about seeing lofty goals.  Regardless, I'm pretty proud to let you know as of this morning I weighed 131.4 pounds.  I'm calling that 131-- just 3 pounds shy of my goal.

I'm not really mad that I didn't make my goal because I knew it was a tad unrealistic.  I still ate a lot of what I wanted during this time, so I'm completely content.  Shedding 9 pounds (since January) will surely help me to run faster.... and clearly I have less lard.  So all and all the "operation" was a success.

I'll be meeting up with a few lovely ladies in the burgh for the big race.

 Tracey
 Candi
My Niece Abbey 

I'll be running this race with Tracey by my side and most likely Candi too.  I do think, however, Candi will wind up leaving us in her dust!  And by us I really just mean me because Tracey is merely pacing me to, what will hopefully become, my new Half Marathon personal record.  Lofty goals!  I'm all about them!  

4 comments:

Kortni said...

Positive thinking...you can do it! Have fun, race strong, and can't wait to hear all about it!!

G. said...

Good Luck - just do your best! xoxo G.

tracey smith said...

Looking forward to running with you again!!

JulietteHarmon said...

No sweat! You got this!

Post a Comment