Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

I met a man (boy?) almost 17 years ago and from that first date I knew I'd marry him.  It didn't take long to see what a good father he had the potential to be.  That only further solidified my feelings of wanting to marry him.  But it wasn't until he actual became a father that I saw just how wonderful he was/is.  

This man is my partner.  That's right partner.  We had these kids together and we both believe that it's both of our jobs to raise them together.  From the beginning he changed diapers and gave baths (albeit he was so scared!!!) and was an active participant in every aspect of our kids' lives. 

I could write paragraphs about what a great dad George is and mean every word, but I don't want to bore everyone.  Just know this-- my children love and adore this man!! 

Jack would choose George over me any day of the week.  I don't like to admit it, but it is true.  Jack will literally count down the minutes until his dad gets home from work.  My favorite part of the day is when George walks through the door and Jack screams at the top of his lungs, "Dada's home.  Nicholas, Ella, Daddy's home" all while jumping up and down.  

Jack gave George a pair of jammie shorts that he picked out.  Of course he was so proud to give them to his daddy.  


It wasn't the shorts, however, that made George smile like this.


Each of the kids did a "fill in the blank" for George.  I knew when they made them he would love it and he did.

My dad is 19 years old.
He has gray hair (hahaha!!!!) and his eyes are brown.
My dad like to wear Nike.
He love to eat salad.  What???
My dad works hard at work.
Daddy always tells me to eat.
It makes my dad happy when he plays with me.
I f he could go on a trip he would go on a bike ride and he would take me.
I really love it when my dad takes me to CiCi's
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a Ford Platinum Edition (blue)
My favorite thing about my Dad is he's smart.

Ella and George have a very special father/daughter bond-- one that I hope will last them a lifetime.  I hope she'll call her daddy on the phone for advice when she's older.  I hope she'll still look at him with the loving and adoring eyes I always see gazing at him today.  I hope they'll continue to laugh together and that she'll feel conformable crying on his shoulder.  Simply, I'll hope she'll always love him like she does today.

Ella was so excited to give George her gift as well.  She always winds up giving him underwear for some reason and it has become a big joke.  So when we went shopping she was dead set on getting him underwear.


She laughed so hard when he opened it.  She thought it was so funny and she said, "I'm the underwear girl."


My dad is 39 years old.
He has gray hair and his eyes are brown.
My dad likes to wear work clothes.
He loves to eat steak (that's more like it)
He's smart because he knows math (hahaha)
My dad works hard at Walmart
Daddy always tells me things
It makes my dad happy when I hug him (very true)
If he could go on a trip, he would go to Dallas and he would take a phone and a computer (he was on a work trip in Dallas when we did filled this out)
I really love it when my dad tickles me
If I could give my daddy anything it would be underwear (and she did!!!)
My favorite thing about my dad is love

George and Nicholas' relationship is a very special one.  Nicholas looks up to George very much.  He's continually trying to please his dad and make him proud.  When George goes out of town Nicholas truly gets sad and misses him terribly.  Even though that's a tad bit annoying (haha) it makes me realize how much he loves and needs his daddy.


Could this moment have been captured any better?  Nicholas got him an outfit (which he opened on Friday) and also a Texas Rangers T-shirt.


My dad is 39 years old
He has gray hair and his eyes are brown
My dad likes to wear Under Armour
He loves to eat BBQ (so true)
He is smart because he knows a lot of history (thank God b/c I do not)
My dad works hard at work
Daddy always tells me to eat
I makes my dad happy when I make him laugh
If he could go on a trip he would go to hunt and he would take me
I really love it when my dad make she laugh
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a Ford F-150 Lariat (black)
My favorite thing about my dad is he plays hockey with me

The kids and I also made George this frame for his office.  I think he liked it.  I know I would have loved it, but I know men don't get as mushy gushy over that type of thing.  Still, I think he thought it was pretty special and the kids were proud of it.



Happy Father's Day George, our children are lucky to have you as their dad.  




5 comments:

G. said...

Special Dad and special moments.

Demanda Pants said...

this is so cute! but now we need YOU to fill out one so we can find out a.) if he is really 19. and b.) if he really works at walmart.

at least they all agree he has grey hair and brown eyes, lol.

Momswimbikerun said...

Here are MY answers amanda.

George is 39 years old. haha almost 40!!! When did that happen?
He has gray hair and his eyes are brown
He likes to wear clothes that are comfortable and doesn't really care what they are
He loves to eat AT HOME and hates going out to eat.
He is smart because he knows how to get people to do their jobs without excuses.
He works hard at Walmart and has for 16 years.
He always tells me that I look nice.
I makes george happy when I cook him food.
If he could go on a trip he would go to normandy
I really love it when George makes me feel safe and loved.
If I could give my George anything it would be a Ford F-150 Lariat and a Mastercraft
My favorite thing about George is he is a good Daddy!

Hellersally said...

I really enjoyed that Susan,you are a fantastic Mom.You always know just the right thing to do for whatever the occasion. you are lucky to have George and the Childern and they are equally as Lucky to have you. I truely hope that you all had a great day.

ron o said...

awesome awesome post susan...happy belated fathers day george!

Post a Comment