Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Fitness Bucket List

Hello my name is Susan and I am a Pinterest addict.  Actually I'm not really an addict because I don't spend a TON of time on Pinterest, but the problem is when I do.  When I'm on Pinterest I can't help but try to recreate everything I see, or think I can recreate everything I see.  Ugh.  I just spent 20 minutes making this.


I plan on printing it out and hanging it up on my black and white wall.  Cute right?

But you see, that's NOT the reason I was on Pinterest at all.  I was on Pinterest grabbing a screen shot for tonight's blog when I got totally sidetracked.  I saw this pin and figured I could recreate it in no time.  Granted I was right, but I "wasted" 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.  Ha!

Anyway, like I said, the reason I was on Pinterest in the first place was to grab a screenshot of my newest Pinterest Board.  I've seen other people making pins to their "Fitness Bucket List" board and I instantly knew I wanted to make one myself.


I tried to keep my board really concise.  Let's face it there are a million things I would LOVE to do, but I'd never be able to do them all.  So, I included my immediate wants and some of my longer term goals.  I'm pretty happy with my list.   So, here it is.

My Fitness Bucket List:


  • Do one unassisted pull up 
Right now this goal seems very unattainable and it's not something I'm actively working on.  Well, I am kinda because I'm trying to strengthen my upper body, but I don't actively try to do pull ups.  I do know, however, that I could even bust out one without assistance.  It's something I'd like to be able to do one day. 
I missed this run this year.  Whenever I went to register it was SOLD OUT.  I never anticipated it would sell out (obviously) and I am incredibly sad I missed out on the opportunity.  I think it would be so much fun!  
  • Run the Pittsburgh FULL Marathon 
Now that I've run the half twice I KNOW I have to run the full in my hometown.  For no other reason than it is my hometown and I'd love to see the city from this unique perspective.  
I actually signed up to be an assistant coach, but due to the time the club usually meets it wasn't something I was really able to commit to.  When Ella is old enough to be a "Girl on the Run" I will definitely be a coach and I can't wait!  
  • Ride the Tour de Cure 100 Mile Ride (the one I broke my shoulder in) 
Hair of the dog.  That's all I'm saying!  
2 Vans, a bunch of girls, no sleep, no showers and lots of running.  What's not to love?  
  • Run the Disney Marathon 
I only have a few places I'd really LOVE to run a marathon and Disney is definitely one of them.  I LOVE Disney world (it is the happiest place on earth) and I'd like to see if running a marathon on Disney property translate to a happy marathon. 
  • Complete an Ironman 
This is a lifelong dream and it WILL be mine someday.
  • Run the NYC Marathon 
This will probably be the first item checked off my bucket list.  November 4th 2012!  I'm IN!!! 
  • Run a sub 27:00 5k 
I'm so "slow" this may never happen, but this is my goal for now..... 

So there you have it.  What do you think? 

Do you have a fitness bucket list?  What's your #1 fitness bucket list item?  








9 comments:

Kortni said...

Please...I think a 27 min 5K is very attainable for you. You are NOT slow! A fun thing to think about!

Momswimbikerun said...

I've done "mock 5Ks" on the trail and my fastest is 28:15. I don't know why but I can't get my legs to move fast for a long period of time. I should easily be able to do a sub 27 but it does NOT come that easily (if at all). We shall see!

Megan S. said...

I also would like to run at Disney World. Maybe the half if I ever get there.

Amanda M said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! We share some bucket items too - unassisted pull-up & Disney marathon girl!

tracey smith said...

Great list! We share a lot of the same goals. I think I am running a Color Run in Pittsburgh in August. You will love Girls on the Run. I can't wait for you to coach! And, I KNOW you can run a sub 27 minute 5k. Think about the last mile of the Pittsburgh half!!

Demanda Pants said...

you guys got married on my birthday!!! awwww.

Alisha Judd said...

Super cute. Do you mind sharing what fonts you used on this?

Susan Tirch said...

The cursive writing is Snell Bd BT
The other writing for the dates is Modern No. 20
Hope this helps!!!

momswimbikerun said...

The cursive writing is Snell Bd BT

The other writing for the dates is Modern No. 20

Hope this helps!!!

Post a Comment