1. Try some new pumpkin recipes. My favorite to date has been these Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins, but I'm up for trying anything new. Pumpkin smoothie anyone?
2. Eat Candy Corn
3. Decorate pumpkins. I bought a lot of cool pumpkin decorations at the end of the season last year. It sort of bums me out that they will all be in storage come October. Oh well, we'll use them in 2013. Until then we'll just do it the old fashioned way.
4. Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte
5. Run the NYC Marathon
6. Visit our local pumpkin patch. The one in Texas was nice, but nowhere near as nice as the one here, so I'm glad to be back for that. My dad always comes to do the pumpkin patch with the kids. I'm excited to eat cinnamon donuts and pick our pumpkins directly from the field.
7. Drink a pumpkin ale
8. Play in a leaf pile. This is another thing that was NOT able to happen in Texas. As a matter of a fact, I don't even have any pictures on my computer of my kids jumping in leaves and my pics go back until 2008. What the heck. Must.Jump.In.Leaves!
9. Go for a long hike. I think we're finally to the point where we might actually be able to successfully do this as a family. The last time we tried hiking we were literally pushing Jack around the woods in a Little Tykes car. Everyone in my family enjoys being in the woods, so it's definitely something we can happily do together.
10. Give Thanks! Isn't that what it is all about? Giving thanks, especially for the ones I love.
What's on your fall bucket list? Any of the same things as me?