Monday, October 29, 2012

How to Make Caramel Popcorn


I have spent ALL day making this popcorn.  Like I started at 1:00 pm and I'm STILL working on it.  Five special people will be receiving said popcorn,  however, and I hope it will make them happy.  

I've posted this recipe in the past, but it bears repeating.  So here it is.  Make it for a Halloween hostess gift or make it for yourself.  You won't be disappointed.  

CARAMEL POPCORN

Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup butter

  • 2 cups brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup corn syrup

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 5 quarts popped popcorn  (I actually doubled this recipe so what you see is times two)


  • Directions:  
    • Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl. (I didn't wind up mixing in this bowl because it's plastic.  I'd suggest something that can sustain the heat.)


    • In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.


    • Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.



    • Boil without stirring 4 minutes.


    • Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.


    • Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.


    • Place in two large shallow baking dishes (I used a cookie sheet) and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.



    • Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.


    Enjoy!!!  

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment