Thursday, November 15, 2012

Throwback Thursday: George and Susan

I look at this picture and honestly I don't recognize those two young kids.  George looks like George, but he has hair.  He shaved his head when I was pregnant with Nicholas (despite having a full head of hair) and hasn't had any since. So really I guess he looks like young George who is so different than the  man I know today so it is strange.

Then there's me.  First there's the obvious-- I'm blond.  Man though, I am young and don't have a wrinkle in sight.  I wish someone would have told me way back then to enjoy it while it lasts.  I don't know when wrinkles started happening for me, but I guess it was sometime after I had kids.  Coincidence?  You decide.

If there's anything I could tell these two young kids it would be to not sweat the small stuff.  George and I are definitely the bickersons and we don't usually have major fights.  We do, however, get huffy over dumb stuff.  I wish we'd just let the little stuff slide as, in the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter.

Other than that, I'd tell them that they have a pretty awesome life ahead of them and they should just hang on for the ride.

Engagement Photos 2001 

2 comments:

Gknee said...

Take your own advice! ;)

David said...

Tell George to grow his hair nice and long. When I had hair, lots of hair was in...and I let it pie up. Should Father Time decide to take George's hair, he may regret never letting it really grow. I mean down to his arse!

Post a Comment