Thursday, January 17, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Circa 2006 Edition

I haven't printed pictures since about 2006.  Y'all know how many pictures I take right?  Well I used to take MORE!  Ha!  Any pictures I do have prior to 2006 are neatly put into photo albums.  The kids will pull out those pictures, so I'm used to seeing them.  Today, however, as I was unpacking a box I came across a package of pictures that I had developed and never placed in an album (probably the last set of pictures I ever developed).  They are from Halloween in 2006.  I almost cried.  Who are these babies and why do they seem like little people I don't even know?  How easily we forget.  



Nicholas is 3 years old in this picture and I remember almost not ordering him that costume because I thought he was too old for it.  I wondered if he'd be made fun of at school for being a bear when he was 3 years old.  As it turned out, he didn't get made fun of, and looked adorable.  The fact that I was even concerned about something so ridiculous makes me mad.  It makes me wonder how many other things I obsessed about with Nicholas.  I am so, so much more laid back as a mother of 3 than I was way back when.  In fact, the difference is now I'd probably have let Nicholas pick what HE wanted to be.  I don't think I even asked HIM.  Sorry Nicholas, but you sure were a cute bear and who wants to be Spiderman anyway?  


Parenting is a learn as you go process.  I'm still learning.  I just hope my kiddos still love me at the end of all of this and grow up to be adults that love and admire their parents.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment