Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kitchen Remodel: Backsplash

I know we just moved into our house and you probably wouldn't expect a "remodel" post.  It's not really a remodel, just the addition of a backsplash.  When I saw spaghetti sauce splashed up on the wall by the cooktop I tried to wipe it up.  Uh yeah, magic eraser... you erased some of my paint too.  I immediately knew I had to get a backsplash-- something I could easily wipe down.




I usually play things safe and go the traditional route when it comes to the "style" of my home.  I really love the modern look of a tile/glass mosaic backsplash and I wanted to go for it.  I think the black cabinets and stainless appliances in our kitchen automatically give it a modern feel, so I figured adding a modern backsplash would blend.

So I sent George to Lowes with a general idea about what I wanted and he facetimed me when he got there and I chose my tile.  Efficient no?  I would have gone with him, but I had a sick kid at home (turns out Nicholas has pneumonia).  Anyway... I love my tile choice.  Gorg!



A little hard work by George...


... and my backsplash was complete.


I really am in love with the way it turned out.  I think it just changes the whole look of the kitchen.  I'm currently trying to decide if I want to change out the switch plate and outlet covers to a dark brown.  George likes the white.  Could that be because he doesn't want to part with his time and money?  Hmmmm?


What do you think?  Do you like the turnout?  Would you switch to the darker outlets and switches?  

6 comments:

Ronald Obringer said...

You could get stainless switches and plates. Just saying

Ima Mosier said...

Love, love, love how the backsplash turned out. Great tile choice. I think I would go with either black outlets to match the cabinets or maybe stainless steel to go with your appliances. Just my two cents.

momswimbikerun said...

I love the stainless idea. Thanks!!!

kitchen remodeling said...

Keep counters clear by ensuring your kitchen has adequate storage space.

remodeling

Kristopher Diss said...

Backsplash is a big trend in Australia, am I right? Though, I'm not a big fan of it, it sure looks beautiful and you'll be able to clean the walls faster. You did a very good job in choosing the backsplash. It's absolutely perfect for your kitchen!
http://www.blairgcroofing.com/

Chris Dancy said...

I just loved the way you remodelled the wall. Thank you so much for providing this idea here.

- http://www.homeworld.uk.com/

Post a Comment