Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm Alive

Just so everyone knows, I am alive.  I feel like I've been so busy lately.  I've been working (pharmacist) and I've been sick (some kind of virus I think) and I just haven't done much of anything unnecessary.  I've just been spending a lot of time of the couch when I'm not at work.

I did decide it was time to hunker down and get serious about NOT gaining weight this holiday season.  I can NOT continue to eat and eat without any regard.  Mini butterfinger here, mini twix here, etc.  You get the point.  Well it all adds up.  I continually eat whatever I want, whenever I want and I feel gross.

So I'm back on Myfitnesspal (momswimbikerun) and I'm logging my food (good and bad).  I enjoy food and I don't necessarily agree with restricting.  I'm making better choices when I can and and being conscious of everything going in my mouth.  I'll be a lot less likely to "nickel and dime" myself to death over the holidays.

I'm really just hoping I'll maintain (or lose a little) over the holidays and then really buckle down after all the holidays are over.  I know I always say don't wait for tomorrow, and I still feel like that.  Even though I'm not actively trying to lose weight right now, I'm still making an effort toward better health.
I mean if I wasn't mindful over the next 6 weeks, then I'm sure I'd end up being a very unhappy girl come 2014.

Once again, I feel like my fitness has taken a back seat (and not because I want it to).  I took two weeks off after my surgery, then I had a had work, then I got sick, then more work and here it's been almost a week without NOT A SINGLE workout.  I really have the desire to get back on track and I REALLY want my body to cooperate.

There's not point to this post really other than to tell you I'm alive.  I'm trying to be alive AND kicking and I will resume some normalcy starting VERY soon (I hope).

The winner of the Tune Belt Giveaway is Christina Ross W, who won entry by liking momswimbikerun on Facebook.  Thanks to everyone who entered.  Christina, please email at momswimbikerun@gmail.com to claim your prize 

0 comments:

Post a Comment