Tuesday, November 26, 2013

See Pittsburgh Day Two

If you missed See Pittsburgh Day One then be sure to click on over to check it out.  Wouldn't want you missing out on anything.  So day one was kind of cold and rainy, but day two was FREEZING!!! These Texans were not happy, but they were brave and weathered the storm so to speak.

Our first stop was PNC Park.  I was so excited the back gates were open and we could see right into the stadium.


Tony and Val are HUGE baseball fans, so seeing the stadium was the highlight of the sightseeing tour for them.




We also posed for some shots with Roberto.  


I love how this shot turned out with all the bridges and buildings in the background.  I just love Pittsburgh.


After Roberto, we found Willie.  Willie ain't got nothing on us!



After PNC we headed to Heinz Field where the Steelers play.  We all took turns practicing the immaculate reception.  You decide who did it best.






We had been walking around in the cold and wind for quite awhile and the cold was really starting to get to all of us.


We took a few more pictures down by the river....


... and then we called it a day.  I was never so happy to get in the car and warm up.


We unbundled and settled in for the car ride home, when I screamed at the top of my lungs, "I NEED that picture."  I forced Tony, Val and Tony to get out for one last picture (we only had a million already).  I'm glad I "made" them get this shot.  I love the way it turned out and the stadium looks great.  


After spending all day sightseeing, the last thing I wanted to do at 4 pm was go for a run, but Val was determined to run.  When the snow started falling, she was more determined than ever to get her 9 miles  in.  I was grumpy, but willingly agreed to go.  Tony and I decided to do one loop (4.5 miles) and Val would do it twice.  

You can't really tell from this picture, but the snow was really coming down and it was blustery and cold.  

Despite that, Val was so happy.  It was very cool to see.  She said that running in the snow was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for her.  I'm glad I went and got to experience that with Val (and Tony).


As one would expect, I actually am so glad I went out for the run.  It turned out to be not as bad as I imagined.  Isn't that how it always goes?  


We finished 4.5 miles in about 46 minutes.  That was good for me (these days).


Tony and I left Val and she headed out for her second loop.  So we did what any good friends would do.  We bellied up to the bar for a drink and tracked Val on Tony's phone.


We had such a great time visiting with Tony and Val.  I was so sad to see them go, but all good things must come to an end.  Plus my waistline couldn't take them being in town one more day!  Ha!

Thanks for using your vacation to come visit the Tirches and Pittsburgh.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment