Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

This could be a long and boring post.  Sorry, I'm not sorry.  It's for remembering when I'm old and senile.  

How beautiful is my daughter?  Yes she's mine and yes I'm biased, but this girl is just too pretty (inside and out).  I'm glad I'm so modest when it comes to my daughter. 




How about this cutie?  He doesn't hate dressing up as his older brother does.  He even likes his converse.  I have a feeling he'll be a bit of a fashionista one day.



Then there is Nicholas, clearly not happy with his outfit and REALLY hated his shoes, which are all black converse.   He feels so awkward in these clothes and couldn't wait for the moment I would let him take them off.  Truth be told, I wouldn't  make him wear them at all, but we were going to church.




So yeah, I have cute kids.  I just can't help, but tell you.



 The dog ain't bad either, but I had nothing to do with that.


After church, we headed to my sister's house for Christmas eve festivities with my family.

My sister Amy, me, my Aunt Bev, my Mama 

add niece Abbey 

all 
We had a ton to eat and a ton of fun.












After hanging out with the family, we headed home to open our family gifts (gifts to one another and from anyone who sent gifts).  The kids each buy a gift for one another.  It's so fun to see them get excited about the GIVING (for once).



But it was the genuine hugs and love that about had me crying.  They really do love each other, of that much I am sure.











The kids also pick out a gift for Daddy and I too and I think they're usually most excited about giving these gifts.


Yes Nicholas got George a machete 


I really loved my gifts.  A Hockey Mom shirt.


 A cupcake carrier (something I wanted).


And a Trio Crockpot.  Nicholas picked that out all by himself.  I LOVE IT!


Jack also made me this snowman at school.  Isn't it adorable?


And Ella made an ornament.


I felt extremely blessed as my children went to bed on Christmas eve.  Not because of the gifts under the tree or the presents I received, but because of the loved we'd shared that day.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year!






0 comments:

Post a Comment